1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Feel Like I'm Wasting My Time

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by WolfyFluff, Nov 15, 2015.

1. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

I post here occasionally and no one responds most of the time. I do get some responses some of the time, but I never really know what to say back to them. However, even with some responses at times, it feels like it's never really enough.

Sometime, I wish I could have perfect responses to those who do reponds to my posts. I sometimes wish too that I could at least get a random response just to feel not alone. That never really happens though and I might just get annoyed with it overall if that was the case.

Wanting to feel like someone cares enough to respond to me gets annoying sometimes, because I know that I'll get tired of it. Then again, I don't know why I want it to happen. I won't come up with a good response and then more people never want to talk as a result. I don't understand myself when it comes to this.

2. Really

I don't think you're wasting your time. I often read posts and don't feel I have anything useful or related to say but that doesn't mean I don't sympathize or empathize with what's been written. If this were all happening in real life, I'd be contributing maybe about 10% of what I do here. I suspect a lot of us would rather sit and listen than participate.

You shouldn't take it personally. There are definitely others out there/here who can relate to what you're saying. You may even be helping them get the courage to say something themselves one day because they see you doing it.

So, you see? Every post counts.

3. setnyx

i like fb 's like button. i often like what people post but don't comment on them, unless i have some thing to add.

4. Xeron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you feel like a response helps temporarily, then there's obviously something you haven't put any thought into. No one post can cover every variable, which is why multiple opinions on a situation are good. I've only been frequenting here recently, and I find that I don't have much to say in a topic that many people have already been posting in. Personally, I've just been looking for posts that I may be able to help with. (Which isn't a lot in my opinion due to limited expertise in most situations.)

Not everybody has an answer to every situation, and not everybody feels their advice is worth giving. Some people also lurk, looking for others in a similar situation, those types tend to not have answers themselves. So not every view on your post without a response is a person who doesn't care.

Hope some of this helps, and I hope you can find somebody to help you with whatever you situation may be.