1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Friend Keeps Hurting Me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gloomyra, Nov 16, 2015.

1. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me and this girl have been friends for several years. We see each other once or twice a week and I tell her everything. She doesn't have any friends besides me and one friend out of state.

Recently I found out from one of her relatives she is moving out of state. I asked her about it, and she told me it was true. I got upset that she hadn't told me, since I consider her one of my best friends and I'd miss her greatly. She didn't seem to care that it upset me even when I explained it, and she got mad at her relative for telling me. She kept acting irritated with me. I said I felt like she didn't care if we stayed friends or not.

I finally told her I didn't want to talk about it anymore right then, and I told her she could contact me later. She hasn't, and it's been over a week.

She has aspergers, but I don't feel like that's an excuse, as I have other friends and family who have aspergers and are a lot more considerate and caring. She acts like she cares about me, but she will do things that she know hurt my feelings, and somehow it's always my fault.

I don't understand this at all. I felt like she was one of the few people I could trust and rely on. Right now I feel so lost, and like I can't trust anybody.

I still want to be friends, but I DO NOT want to be the one to apologize again.

2. Erzulie

I do not know much about aspergers so this may not apply at all, but maybe she is "cutting the ties" so the move will be easier for her. Then she won't miss you as much. That's just a possibility. I don't know what you can do about it though besides tell her you're ready to talk about it again and see what she has to say, if she has anything to say at all. Hope this was helpful.