1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you trust other people??...How can I learn

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by faceup, Nov 16, 2015.

1. faceup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Did you you trust in other people ?

I am asking because everytime I trust in someone they talk behind my back and or are not sincere with me. This happened so many times that I close myself more and more, and I got to a point I do not trust anyone.

I don't know why people are not sincere and honest, like Dr House said "Everybody Lies"

How can I start to trust in other people and do not get "HURT"

Just an example when I like someone I am all open about my feelings and when I do that pople play with me, If I don't like the person or do not want to have any kind of relationship I am also pretty honest about everything !

It is only me or someone of you have the same "problem" ?

2. SonicBoom

Hi faceup,

The ONLY way to learn who you can trust and who you can't trust is by trial and error; sadly.

Everyone has been burned by putting their trust in someone that ended up stabbing them in the back.

The only thing to do after you been stabbed in the back to pick yourself back up and learn never to trust that particular person again.

And after a few back stabbings, you can know whom to trust and whom not to trust.

This will a lifelong cycle because we run into different people under different situations all the time.

Hope that helped. (*hug*)

3. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Im just gonna be honest, im in exact same spot as you. Its so bad for me , i have trust issues with my own relatives sometimes.

4. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not just you. I more or less have the same issue, and I don't even have many specific incidences to point to, to understand why I am this way. It's incredibly difficult for me to trust enough to open up about anything personal, even to friends I like very much. There is quite a lot of anxiety and just general automatic reservedness when it comes to these kinds of things with me. And it's not like I hate my friends or think they're going to automatically turn on me either. So. Who knows why I feel this way?

I'm sorry that people aren't sincere with you and often talk about you behind your back. I honestly wish I could help or give some advice but in some ways I'm in the same situation. All I can say is sometimes it does take some courage, and like SonicBoom said, a fair amount of trial and error too. You will find people who are insincere or who turn against you, but then again there are also people who you can confidently confide in, and it takes time to find that circle of people to build healthy and trusting relationships with. Good luck though.

5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I genuinely do trust people. In my experience people tend to live up or down to your expectations. I expect people to be honest and kind and realize that everyone slips up from time to time, including myself. And I don't just mean expect as in what I quasi-demand of people, I mean I go into situations honestly believing that that is what will happen. And in the vast majority of experiences it really is what happens. I'm not a real fan of hippy dippy stuff, but I really do think that the universe sends you what you honestly think it will--not what you want, but what you in your heart of hearts think will happen.

Yes, from time to time people will disappoint you or even hurt you. You will do the same to others. But I firmly believe that by not trusting people, by shutting down the way people do, you will hurt yourself much more than the occasional other person will if you open up and believe in people. Just my experience...

6. faceup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think the sad part is a game trial and error like SonicBoom said and I agree with OGS I need to genuinely trust others so they can trust me.

I will try to start to trust more in people and if they "hurt" me, I just need not trust they anymore. I just need to be carefull of what I say and to whom I say !

Thx guys !