1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does my friend like me??!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Abcdflower, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Abcdflower

Abcdflower Guest

had a massive crush on a close friend for a long time now let's call her kathy
    cannot tell whether she feels the same way or not. when I first got to know her I thought she must be gay. very flamboyant personality, school jokester always showing off, heaps sporty etc. she is feminine but tomboy, is really touchy, always unnecessarily touching girls, couple times grabbed my thigh, held my hand, slapped my ass

here's signs/ things that says she's gay/likes me:
    we hold eye contact quite long most times we speak and I get this vibe from her eyes she likes me it's a straight in the eye dreamy/vulnerable stare I've sensed multiple times
    asked me to be her girlfriend once and said she was in love with me (made out to be a joke with lots of sarcasm) BUT it was weird considering we had spent the whole night together at a party and we're alone sitting down when she said it
    i feel she stares at girls differently I haven't analysed it properly though. once I remember I came out of my friends bathroom after a shower in a top and undies and she shot a quick look down at me and my legs
    showed me her boobs few times in a joking way once alone "friendly/sarcastically" in the bathroom
    has a fling with this guy, she never mentions/talks about him (atleast with me or infront of our friend circle) my other friend said kathys not even interested in him and he really likes her but kathy said she doesn't want him to ask her out
    she gets defensive when people have joked saying she's lesbo (all straight girls make the joke "omg kathy u lesbo!" but she gets sorta pissed off I sense or says things like "Yer alright dude!"
    She's never made homophobic comments but sorta dissed/acted weird with lesbians
    My Other friend brought up kathys anti-lesbianish ways and said "it's weird how kathys so anti-lesbian, I actually think she's gay" and I pretended I wasn't that interested so people can't tell I like her then I replied "wait what" I was in shock that someone else picked up on it (thought I was crazy) then my friend said "don't worry"
    lot of boy friends whenever we're out she hangs with groups of them
    I feel like we can get shy and awkward around each other SOMETIMES. when we're alone e.g sometimes we avoid situations alone together. Weve been alone heaps of times as we're good friends and 70% of the time were ourselves and care free however here's an example of what happens/happened once: left school early me Kathy and another friend, our other friend says she's walking other way and Kathy goes "oh you want us to go with you or walk that way" which she normally wouldn't ask with other people/just seemed suspicious/gave me a vibe this happens frequently when we're about to be left alone
    I FEEL somethings missing from our friendship like it's not a friendship it's this thing where we pretend we don't like each other and we get along so well, too well if I'm honest. there's some more signs but there all minor

Wat I wanna know from u guys is do you think she's gay/likes me? I don't know wat to do anymore she's driving me nuts and all I do is think about her to the point where I can't sleep or do normal tasks without her in my mind
    Do i trust my vibes? Does she sound like a closet case? Give me ur opinions and share a similar experience if u can! ALSO give me some signs to look out for!!

(i think she is in a massive stage of denial. i dunno if I'm crazy but I do. it's hard in high school, our friendship circle all being extremely girly straight popular girls) (also I think I have a good gaydar. Had a crush on a girl a year ago she just came out and I always suspected her to be)

P.s might be throwing her off. I'm quite femme, had a boyfriend last year and have sex with guys (all bad experiences - no emotional connection, and at parties I kiss dudes but to convince myself and others I'm straight. but the past couple of months Ive stopped, I've hinted my no interest in boys, Started dressing more guyish (because I always wanted to but scared too) and in this time Im accepting myself it seems she's gone the other direction and is trying to be more straight (if that makes sense)

2. idsm

Assuming that the sleeping around with guys has ended, you could start being a little more affectionate with her. A little more touching, hand holding, hugging...

Perhaps you could tell her that you have been questioning your sexuality lately? If you´re close enough and you think you can trust her, that is. Based on your descriptions she could indeed be either in denial or a closet case. Bare in mind though that does´t mean she´s into you

#2 idsm, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015