1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Presentation about LGBT

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sholo, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Sholo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello,

I'm doing an 1-hour presentation about LGBT. For some people who are mostly into yuri, yaoi, slash fiction and stuff like that.

First of all, I wanna introduce what LGBT means, some basic information about gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgenders.

I wanna talk about LGBT marches - the most famous like Stonewall riot in 1969, L&G Support the Miners in 1984, or some marches in my own country.

Also, I will talk about (il)legality of homosexual intercourse in some countries, and about religion in those countries. I'll mention Lawrence v. Texas, Bowers v. Hardwick etc. And I'll talk about gay marriage - Irish referendum, Obergefell v. Hodges,...

I also want to talk about some famous LGBT people - like Alan Turing or Harvey Milk. Maybe I'll mention some celebrities too, like Ellen or Elton John. And Caitlyn Jenner, of course.

I wanna talk about LGBT community in Japan and LGBT topics in anime, because there will be many anime fans. Also maybe about LGBT in movies - like Prayers for Bobby.

I'm looking forward to any suggestions you may have. Tips what to mention, some videos to play, some another topics which could be included, or how to expand the existing topics - some good LGBT movies, interesting LGBT people, marches etc. And overall tips how to make the presentation better, more interactive etc. :slight_smile: That's the first time I will be publicly talking about LGBT issues and I want it to be perfect, so I will be glad for any help from you.

Thanks ^^