1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Danger?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by larkcarmen, Nov 18, 2015.

1. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Before I get started, I would like to menton that I do in fact have very basic psychic powers (everyone does, it's just a matter of developing them). Please have an open mind.

So! I have absolutely nothing to be nervous about but I have this awful sinking feeling in my stomach. I don't feel secure and it makes me worry that something bad is going to happen. I often go with my gut feeling since it's normally right and I'm a little anxious. Could I be in danger??

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Though I don't particularly believe this is psychic powers, your body is very good at telling you things: if you're in a bad situation, your body feels bad; if you're happy, you feel good.
    Just have a think about whether you think anything bad has happened, could happen or will be happening. It might be sympathy pains for others or simply worry.

Hope you feel good soon!

3. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe 100% in psychic powers, and I have experienced the same thing. I will randomly get a bad feeling even if I'm not in a situation that could be harmful. I'm not sure, usually with me, something does happen a few days afterwords that I could have never anticipated before hand. Your situation could be different though.

4. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So it turns out i had a freakin math test
    thanks, psychic abilities, for making me think i was gonna die when it was just math not that there's much of a difference

---------- Post added 19th Nov 2015 at 11:58 PM ----------

I put that in caps how dare you EC

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think Occam's Razor applies to general feelings of foreboding. That means you can't jump straight to "psychic powers." I'm not saying they don't exist as I've had instances where I felt I saw the future or far-off present (like 100% specifically detailed too, not just vibes), but they were for things so mundane simple coincidence is a lot more likely.

There's also neurology at work there. Some experiments found that particular frequencies of infrasound can make you see figures in the corners of your vision and bring on feelings of dread, both common for people exploring "haunted" houses with features that make the sound.

6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With all due respect, this is simply a matter of neurology - not necessarily "psychic powers."

You may find it quite enlightening to read through these articles on the human mind.

Often times those "gut feelings" we get, about various things, are our subconscious minds taking advantage of body systems in order to send a message. These can range from something small like a math test, to a life-threatening circumstance. Greater understanding of how the mind works can help you sift through and understand what you are feeling.

7. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So it turns out that I probably have an anxiety disorder.

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I highly doubt it. Like you, i also have physic ability. I also get that feeling that something horrible is gonna happen but I normally just tell myself nothing will or I just tell someone and then I try not to worry about it.

9. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As stated in my above comment, it's most likely an anxiety disorder. (Self-diagnosed so I don't actually know)

10. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Self-diagnosing isn't really a good idea in most cases. But you seem to be experiencing anxiety, indeed - that doesn't necessarily mean you have an anxiety disorder, though. If you're worried about that, or if you're often experiencing anxiety or worrying, especially if it's disruptive to you on a day-to-day basis, seeing a doctor may be a good idea.

As for psychic powers, I believe in them. I mean, geez, Louise, to think that hard science already has intuition bested to such an extent that the former is always a better explainer than the latter is wishful thinking in my opinion.

11. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've talked to people who were professionally diagnosed and they agree. It's more than just little spurts of anxiety every now and then. It's like, every 5 minutes I get nervous over the stupidest things or for no reason at all. My breathing gets kind of heavy and I panic sometimes (mostly at night, I guess because I'm alone then).