1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a Rant

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rainbows~Exist, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Rainbows~Exist

I just feel like nothing is going right for me. I'm losing my motivation for two of my College classes, I'm constantly tired and finally I just feel alone. I know I have friends but I can't bring myself to talk to them. My best friend is, no offense, s*** with advice and never actually seems to understand my problems. I'm just at a loss of what to do. Even the weather has been shite for more than a week and I'm pretty sure that's keeping my spirits down.

Also to top it all off, I've lost someone who could've potentially have become a boyfriend. We've been on dates, talked for weeks and just like that he vanished. Straight up blocked me on everything without a reason. It sucks and I'm just really upset and angry at this very moment.

I feel like crying but also like screaming :tantrum:

2. SneakyNinjaPowR

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I feel mostly the same. I've lost 99% of motivation for High School. I am tired way too much and feel very lonely. My best friend doesn't understand stuff having to do with loneliness cause he is straight and gets girls so easily without even lifting a finger with effort. He gives advice but I've already heard all of the "someday" talk too much. And Winter is my least favorite time of year for sure; there is no sun, dark way too early, and it's too cold to do anything.

Same thing happened to me a month or so ago. My advice is forget him completely. If he wasn't even your boyfriend yet, then it shouldn't be too hard.

I guess we just have to focus on other things at the moment. Nothing in life is fair. Some people have it way easier than others for no reason except chance. And some have it harder than both of us.

3. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The term mindfulness has seen a lot of use lately but it really helps in these situations. Psychology Today defines mindfulness as, "a state of active, open attention on the present." When you are mindful, you observe your thoughts and feelings from a distance, without judging them good or bad. Instead of helplessly letting life pass you by, mindfulness means living in the moment and awakening to your experiences. It does take work and practice but I think you will be pleased with the results.

So the guy who vanished on you has his reasons for doing so. He is the one missing out here, not you. Move on and start looking for someone to have fun with on dates again.

What activity does a gloomy day stop? Practically nothing. Don't even let it slow you down. Get up and get out in it. Gloomy days are interesting too and I bet if you truly looked at them you would find a lot of beauty in them.

If the material in your classes isn't motivating then let getting through them be your motivation. Get to work on them.

Focus on what you need to do right now. If you can't get it all done right now then compartmentalize it and don't even think about the issues you have set aside for later until it's time to do them.

I know this approach can come off as sickeningly optimistic, but give it a shot and see if it doesn't help.