1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Secrets5, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

So I was at the end of school today and this person said "Get back into your classroom you F'' and it sounded like the archaic insult for homosexual people or it could have sounded like that but with a 'B' for the beginning letter, to which I don't know what that is. It was the end of the day so everyone was moving, so I'm not sure what classroom this person is. I can only describe the hair and face shape of the person. Anyway, so should I report this and how would I go about doing it? The school have ignored me in the past when going to report things without a name or detailed description, but they might do something for something they deem more serious. There's a good chance that the people who they were telling to get back in the classroom said something, but they were in the lower years so might not have thought to.

Thank-you.

2. guitar

If you're a teacher, what can you do without a name or even description of the person? Not much I'm afraid.

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, I'm a sixthform student, there's a high school for high school kids there too.

4. guitar

I know you're a student, I just meant think about it from a teachers perspective: they have little information Togo on. You were there are you don't have any idea who said it, how will they know - or even if they did indeed say f*g. You might want to just say "I heard this slur, no idea who said it, it was busy in the hallway, but just for your information." That way someone in authority is aware, but you expect no action on their part. If it happens again, they know its already happened before.