1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I get over a crush?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by person57, Nov 27, 2015.

1. person57

So...I have this friend, and I have a huge crush on him. We're pretty good friends and we've started talking a lot a while ago and we're starting to get close. He always knew that I had a little crush on him, and he was pretty much chill about it. Last week, he got a boyfriend. (Btw he's bisexual, just to clear things up. Not that it really matters..but yeah). Of course, I wad pretty bummed out by this and it kinda hit me hard..like I'm happy for him but it kinda hurt. I just want to know if there's a way to get over him without having to distance myself from him. Lately my feelings for him have started to grow even more and it kinda started to eat me up. I need to get over him, but I really don't want our friendship to drift apart. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was in a very similar situation, and the only way for me to get over the crush was to distance myself. It took several months, but I was finally able to, and now we're close again and we're great friends. You might have to take that route.