1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giving up slowly

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by treasure1996, Dec 1, 2015.

1. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can't function properly.
    I can't do my school work, I get home and immediately feel like sleeping
    I've been bottling up my emotions and just had a breakdown I have so much work to do I'm in my senior year but I can't think about anything else but me being gay and the person I am in love with and how they most likely don't feel the same. My friends are so homophobic and rude in regards to lesbians
    I feel so alone and I don't know how in supposed to do well at school when I have no one to talk to and no one understands I feel like screaming

2. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh honey, big bug hugs to you. (*hug*)

It's so natural to think about this all the time, I'm just finally getting to a point where it's not constantly in my mind.

I'm sorry you feel so alone. Does your university have an lgbt center? Or your town? Meetups? Try doing some research into the resources around you. Do you have any trusted friends you can talk to? Regardless, counselling is so helpful. I highly recommend it. You don't have to do this alone.

#2 baristajedi, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  3. RainDreamer

I know that feeling. It is depression. Find a counsellor at your place so you can talk to them, if not, let everything out to us, it would help you. Get professional treatment if possible, though I can understand that you may not be in a position to do it.

As for school work, start doing things that you feel strongly about, like trying to choose topics relating to LGBTQ+ if possible, or at least relating to human rights, equality, feminism and the like. Ask your teacher for their approval if you are working something outside of classroom topic. That way you could channel your frustration to become energy fuelling your work. Tell the world your story. Make them understand.

4. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm in my last year of high school, it's a religious school, you get taught homosexuality is wrong and the environment isn't very lgbt friendly. Thankyou for your advice though you seem very lovely