1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend doesn't believe me...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 2K18eyton, Dec 1, 2015.

1. 2K18eyton

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So today one of my friends came up to me and asked what sexuality I was. So, I responded with Biromantic Asexual. She then said thats not a real thing, so I explained what it was and she told me that I'm not asexual. That I just needed to have sex make sure... I don't know what to do because I have no sexual attraction at all to either gender.

2. AnotherStranger

Dear, I have always identifed as asexual too and now Im very confused so I cant help you with that, but listen, you definitely must not care about what your friend thinks. I mean there are scientists arguing about the matter of asexuality and it seems a conclusion cant be reached so unless your friend is one of those scientists I dont think they are entitled to say what you must or must not do. If you want to explore, go ahead, if you really dont know what to do and want to ask for help to a professional (which is what im doing) go ahead, but do it because you feel to, not to prove anything to anyone.

I posted this thread yesterday and got interesting responses, maybe you'd find something useful there.

3. yentraccm

yentraccm Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Its got nothing to do with your friend anyway and if she doesn't believe you then that's her problem.

Hope you're ok! (*hug*)

4. YinYang

(*hug*) You should just know that your friend doesn't know you. She isn't in your head, she doesn't know who you have (or don't have) sexual attraction to, and she isn't even with you 24/7. There is no way she can tell you what your sexuality is, only you can figure that out. So don't listen to her.