1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed over a guy

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Edwards, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Edwards

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone,

I've been falling love with straight guys my life whole life, and now it reached a point where it starting to ruin my life. I do not know what to do with myself anymore, recently there is this guy who I keeping seeing on school's bus, he looks so attractive but I do not know if hes's gay or not. Besides he stares at me all the time In a way that makes feel like he might actually be interested in me.I k now this sounds so dang stupid and I hate myself for this. I just keep having crushes on straight men, I get attached so much so that I can't keep my mind off of them. As a result I feel so upset and sad all the time. And I can't seem to get any work done. My thought are taking a toll on me.

I think that my main issue is that I am only attracted to straight looking/acting men. And I just can't help it. This is what my hearts tells me and can't change that.
    PS: I'm still In the closest n only few of my close friends know about my sexuality.

I just want it to happen, I want to be with the one I like. I feel so deprived from getting to love and be loved.

2. baddech

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel you Edwards. The only guys I have ever had relationships with or fwb with are str8 guys. Some psychoanalysts will say that we are trying to compensate for our desire in being straight by sleeping with straight men. But that's not going to solve anyone's problems as straight men prefer women.

Also before trying to attract other people, you must really be attracted to and love yourself. I say this from experience in 2 ways. 1. You must love and accept yourself to show others how to love and accept you and to set boundaries in a relationship, also in order to pick yourself up after a breakup. 2. You must love and accept yourself and find yourself attractive. If you don't love yourself and you don't find yourself attractive then why should any single other person do so? Your loving and accepting yourself is the reason others should love and accept you. (!)(&&&):eusa_clap

#2 baddech, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  3. Edwards

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This hit home, as I do find myself not as attractive and I really need to work on that. However, that doesn't necessarily solve anything really, I got to attached to this complete stranger and can't forgive myself unless I make move, I'm very picky when it comes to crushing on people so I want to take an advantage of every opportunity I get. Problem is he might not share the same feelings or might not even be gay/bi. And I'd feel so bad if I got rejected.

4. baddech

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I get it. When i liked a guy who i wasn't sure was gay or straight, i just befriended him. I had a lot of issues to work through myself at that time such as loving myself so i didn't follow through. I could tell he was coming around tho because he started opening up so much to me friends noticed and one day i asked him if he had a gf he said no. I was like yeah right a dude like you? Must have a bf. He just said no with no surprise or falter. That surprised me! So maybe you can try using that line?

Also loving yourself solves a lot because then you won't really fear rejection. You'll be more concerned about accepting the wrong person who'll just abuse your feeling. Also don't fear rejection. If a straight guy rejects you because he's straight, it is a big relief that dismissed you from wasting your time. If he's gay but rejects you, it's not officially a permanent rejection but simply a not right now try again later or try harder.

5. Edwards

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do the exact same thing. Befriend straight men, try to know what they are like, And once I know they are straight I just roll with it and become good friends. But I'm kinda sick of that, and at this point I shouldn't care. I'm going up to and talk to him, he seems really nice and sort of shy, so I don't think that he'll reject me approaching him. At this point nothing really matters. If am gonna be depressed it shouldn't be because I didn't try but because I failed.

6. baddech

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Good luck bro!

7. Edwards

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks man!