1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Must get my personal life back on track

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by XtReMeEnIgMa247, Dec 3, 2015.

1. XtReMeEnIgMa247

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is kind of a long story, but I have a lot to get off my chest as I have gone through a lot over the past year.

Back in April, I got out of a very bad relationship with a guy (separate story altogether. May have already mentioned it before) and ended up getting laid off from work after 7 months. I had planned to move to Miramichi, New Brunswick to live with my father who had moved up a few months prior, which I did about a month later.

Now, before I met my ex, I loved going out and hooking up with other guys. I even had a few "regulars" I'd hook up with. But ever since the break up, I've been having a hard time getting my personal life back on track, even after the move. I've met maybe one or two guys since I've been up here, but where it's a smaller area than what I've been used to, it's been very difficult to meet anyone, even around my own age. And anyone that does want to possibly meet up, I'm having a hard time answering back.

My father and I now run a hobby store in the area and it's giving me a chance to meet some people, but I feel it may not be enough. We ran a store like it back home, but because of the type of people that live here (mostly middle aged to elderly), I fear it may close down within a few months, taking my social life with it as it once did before. I've been talking about moving to Halifax for a few years now and I want to start making that a reality, but something is holding me back.

I apologize for the long rant, but if anyone has any advice that may help, then by all means dish it out.