1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lend a helping hand, maybe?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by wayward78, Dec 4, 2015.

1. wayward78

Hi everyone, I'm a guy from Turkey and I am unfortunately gay. I say that because ever since I realised I was born this way, it's been a burden on my shoulders. My father passed away 4 years ago and I have a little brother who looks up to me. I feel like I'm going to fail in being a role model to him. I haven't come out to anyone ever but I need tips on how to conceal my orientation better and a few tips on being more masculine, because If I don't conceal or become manlier, I will disappoint him, at least I feel this way. Please without any judgments I just need advices on faking being straight.

Hope you have an amazing day

2. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Get a gf and parade her in front of your family. You can't get straighter than that. Otherwise I doubt that your younger brother needs a macho guy to look up to. He might need someone who can put him in his place when he's out of line, and give him a hand when he needs help and support. In my life I've seen many feminine gay guys who were tougher than nails and plenty of weak-willed straight guys.

3. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would focus more on what you think the important parts of being a good role model are integrity, honesty, love, encouragement, selfless, etc.. Sexuality should not matter. :slight_smile:

4. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're not gonna fail as a role model for being gay or not masculine. As long as you're a nice individual, you'll be a good role model for him. Don't pretend to be something you're not, just accept yourself the way you are. That's the best you can do for you, and the best example you can be for him to follow.