1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acting like the person you like

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by treasure1996, Dec 8, 2015.

1. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Whenever I like someone I always try to be like them, I don't know why. Does anyone else do this? It's as if I feel they'll only like me back if I am how they are, but I'm starting to realise people fall for opposites most often and we are drawn to others that are not like ourselves.
    I am genuinely a quiet person who isn't exactly shy but I'm introverted, I'd rather stay quiet and observe others but when I am passionate about something I won't hold back and will not shut up
    Anywho i genuinely fall for loud obnoxious people who make themselves the centre of attention so when I am around them I do the same and always find myself wanting to look, act and dress like that person.
    I don't know what advice I'm looking for, I know I just have to be myself but I can't help it because I don't really know who I am anyways or how I'd like others to perceive myself and I've sort of lost myself through this whole process

2. AnotherStranger

Umm I think its normal that you suddenly like what they like etc. But when it comes to 'acting like them', well I never experienced that. But maybe, if you say you fall for people who are the center of attention, maybe what you really want to do when "acting like them" is to get THEIR attention. So its not that its about "being like them". Like, you were going to try to be the center of attention if your crush happened to be shy in order to get her attention. maybe?

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you act like someone, who you like-like or in a job interview, it gets them to like you as it's like you have the same 'mindset'. Or at least that's the psychology behind it.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea I kind of do that too.