1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graduating with step sister?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Uncolored, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have an older (almost) step sister who I have never been close with but respect. I wouldn't say that I love her but I do care about her to a degree. For different reasons she has been in college for a long time (6ish years) and is finally getting more on track to graduate. I'm a senior but I will be a super senior when I graduate next spring. We go to the same school and would graduate from the same college in the university.
    It has become a very real possibility that we will graduate on the same day and I really don't like that idea at all. I don't really have biological family, rather it is her biological family who I consider my family. We would have to share relatives on the same day and since I am not biologically related I know that she is going to get favoritism. Also I have worked really hard in college with three majors, an honors concentration, and a stellar GPA. I almost didn't get to go to college because of my learning disabilities and there have been a lot of tears over the years. I really hate the idea of sharing my special day with someone else since I have worked really hard. I really resent the idea of her graduating the same day and place as me.
    How would you feel? Do you think that I am overreacting or being unreasonable with my resentment?