1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i gay if i like to use a "toy" on myself

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BigRedSailor, Dec 9, 2015.

1. BigRedSailor

Hi there. I am married with a wonderful daughter who I don't want to lose. I want to know if I am gay or bi or trans because I use a "toy" on myself. I fantasize of being with men and them making love to me as if I was a women when I am using it. It just feels so right and amazing. Why all of a sudden and am I craving this. Help. So confused. Love Love all over you all.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, and welcome.

Simply enjoying an anal toy would not be an indication you're gay, as the physical pleasure that comes from anal stimulation has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

However... you describe fantasizing about being with men, making love with men, and it feeling "right"... and all of those things do, in fact, point to same-sex attraction.

It isn't uncommon for people to fully suppress same-sex feelings for years, sometimes decades. There are lots of people who didn't come out until their 40s or 50s or later. Society and our social responsibilities, and concerns about how others might judge us can all contribute to keeping those feelings deep under wraps. But usually, sooner or later, they begin to surface.

It sounds, from your profile, like you're currently in therapy. That's the best place to be in a situation like this. To the extent it feels comfortable to do so, talking about your feelings on EC can also be helpful. I hope you'll continue to stick around!

3. GayOtaku

Using a toy on yourself, no matter the gender, is not gay, or whatever. It's perfectly normal.

However, having same-sex attraction is what defines you being 'gay' 'Bisexual'. Outside of masterbation do you feel the same way?

If you do, there is a great chance that you might be one of the titles above mentioned. However, you shouldn't be ashamed. We all take our time firguring ourselves right.

Just question this. Do you still love your wife?

4. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Simply for using the "toy", no not necessarily. Whether or not one enjoys using such a thing doesn't necessarily have bearing on one's sexual orientation. Conversely, one could have no interest in any sort of butt sex and be gay or bisexual. The idea of doing that or being on either side of the butt sex doesn't interest me..... In fact, the one time I stuck something up there...... I didn't like it at all. However, I'm bisexual because I have been attracted to a number of other guys. I thought of doing plenty of things with them too of a sexual nature..... sometimes all the time/bordering on obsessively, just not this particular act. Whether or not you are at all interested in men sexually is what determines one's sexuality, not whether you stick things up your behind. You said that you do and you have a wife, so you are most likely bisexual. If you are attracted to women, as well you are not gay. You also aren't transgendered unless you feel that you want to become a woman, which is a separate issue from sexuality.

#4 Contact1111, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  5. ParrotBrat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Straight men can use toys. Not sure about the fantasies. It could be an indication that you're gay, or it could be a fetish. You might be bi.

6. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They could, but something tells me there probably are not a lot that do. It would seem like inserting any sort of object would indicate that one is thinking about the obvious while they are doing it. Plus, a straight man would probably have a very strong natural aversion towards being penetrated by something, because it would inevitably bring up mental images of the obvious. Of course, I wouldn't really know since the whole anal thing doesn't do anything for me and just kind of grosses me out..... even though I know I'm attracted to men, so kind of the reverse to the OP's situation in a way. Maybe for some guys it just feels really good, even though they don't like men? I don't know. I've heard that for some guys there is some sort of pleasure in sticking something up there....... even if they aren't thinking about what you'd think they must be.

#6 Contact1111, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  7. BigRedSailor

Hey thanks to everyone who posted. To answer some of the questions. Yes I fantasize about gay sex all the time. I have really just pushed it down all my life I feel looking back. I was "molested" as a child by another boy, but have to say I was willing. I fantasize about being made love to as a women "gender role". If I could snap my fingers I would have been a women but transitioning is just way to far out there. I think I may have body dismorphia because I want to be an amputee so bad. I know weird. Does this mean I am gay and just ran from it all my life?

8. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, probably. It also sounds like your whole wanting to be "made love to as a woman" may extend beyond simply a sexual act or being gay. It sounds like you have some discomfort with being male, as well. Just realizing all of this at 38 seems a little unusual, but it isn't unheard of either.

9. BaldOldGoat

Honestly, it does sound as though you should at least explore the idea of body dysmorphia with a therapist who can assure you from the outset that they have experience with that issue. I'm going to throw out the idea that if you and your wife decide to separate, you're not likely to lose contact with your daughter over this, as WA courts skew a bit liberal, if anything. How old is your daughter now, and what has your wife's stated view on gay stuff been so far?

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It does seem pretty clear that you're gay based on what you describe.

The body dysmorphia issue is harder to discern; it could be complicated by deep-unconscious feelings that are arising as a result of the abuse. I concur that working with a therapist familiar with body dysmorphia would be a great place to start.

You might also want to get a copy of Mic Hunter's wonderful book "Abused Boys" which has a lot of stories and explanation about sexual abuse, even by childhood peers, and how it can impact you emotionally and psychologically.

11. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would just say that when I was a teenager and first became aware of my attraction to men, I wanted to be female and be made love to as a female by a man. It may have been that back then I thought being female would be the most socially acceptable solution to my "problem." However, once I accepted that I was not, and could never be, female, I lost that desire. I don't think I ever identified as trans (the word had not even been invented), but my older sibling transitioned to female in her early 50s.