1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone is stalking me and I need help....

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by colt, Dec 11, 2015.

1. colt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I need help!! There is someone that keeps stalking me online and in person and I cant do anything about it

I met themm a year ago on ****** and they seemed cool. We talked for a while and he kept asking to meet up. He said he'd take me to a nice place to eat, or a movie, or the mall or anything he could think up. but usually an hour before hand he'd message me and say something came up. I eventually got tired of his weird games, and I told him I didn't want to talk anymore. Thats when he started getting really weird.

I worked at a restaurant. And a few days after the whole thing, he came into my work and he sat at one of my tables. I didn't know who he was.

The entire time I was his waiter he was making off-color jokes about how I was the only one who looked appetizing, and how there were "Plenty of hotel rooms" in the area. He then started bringing up facts about me that he shouldn't have known. Stuff about my school and hobbies. I finally ask him if I know him, and he revels he was that user I was talking to. He certainly didn't look anything like his picture (which definitely weren't of him)

I was really creeped out by this, since I had not told him where I worked and I don't know how he'd found out. I asked him and he told me he'd been to my school.

To my school!!

When we were texting I had told him I'm going to school and he asked about it. He lived a hour away and I wasn't worried. He told me he'd gone to my school asked some students if they knew me. Apparently having black/white hair is memorable, because he found out who I was and where I worked.

He then told me this was the second time he'd been to my work, but I wasn't working the first time. I was really freaked out by this, and then he asked me if I wanted to hang out later. I tried to play it cool saying that I got off work really late and it wasn't worth the wait. He told me he'd wait all night. I told him I had to go to bed as soon as I got off since I had school in the morning. He told me he'd stay as long as he could. He ended up staying there for 6 hours until my shift was up.

He came in twice more and I told him I wasn't really interested in dating anymore and that I was seeing someone. He got really mad at this, made a scene and left. I didn't see him anymore after that.

Then came the cyber stalking. I started getting friend requests from him on Facebook. I blocked his first user, and he created another. Then I started getting 'likes' on every single picture or post that was public. So I locked down my Facebook completely. I started getting messages on other social media like Twitter, DeviantArt, a personal blog. He'd go through and comment on every single picture and every single post. Not always with the same user name, but always with the same stupid profile picture he used when I first met him.

You don't realize how much information is out there until you have someone riffling through your digital self. And some of it was really personal! Pictures of me as a kid, pictures of my siblings and parents. Even pictures that you could use to find out where I lived. I started getting paranoid about leaving work and leaving school. That maybe he was following me home

I locked out everything. Closed my Deviant, Twitter, blog, anything that could be used to get information. That seemed to work for a while, because I didn't hear from him again. He stopped coming around to my work and school and I felt safe.

But recently it's started over. I started getting 'likes' on my profile pics him. But the user doesn't exist whenever I try to pull up their page. Finally he tried to friend me again a week ago. And when I saw his profile it says we had almost 30 friends in common. He'd been slowing friending all of my friends. I started getting phone calls and from him to my cell phone. I've been trying to ignore them, but they've gotten more and more terrible.

I finally reached out to the police and explained everything. They took down all of my information and everything that had happened. They told me to keep documenting and and to call them again if I see him in person. However it isn't helping the problem. I'm still getting creepy messages. I don't know what else to do. I'm afraid he's going to find out where I live, or worse, go after my parents or siblings. I believe he is dangerous, and just want him to leave me alone.....

What do I do? I don't like feeling so afraid all the time.....

2. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You probably want to see if you can qualify for a restraining order.

And sometimes if you ignore them long enough they will just leave you alone. The block button will become your friend and block his number. Plus I think you can have your phone reject calls from anonymous or unknown callers by contacting your local telephone service provider. Maybe even try and change your usernames and passwords online as well. Or get off social media for a while.

If you can you probably should tell others about this along with the police, especially if you fear for your life. And like the police said, log everything! And if anything ask the police what you should do.

I’m so sorry that you have to go through this.

3. Repona

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    A TPO (Temporary Restraining Order) isn't hard to obtain at all. I can't speak for every state, but in Georgia you simply go to your local magistrate's office (usually found around city hall) and speak with them about it. All you really need is a reason (which you have in droves) and like $15 for processing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The police did about what they'd do here. They need a good deal of info to actually make an arrest or take any kind of legal action against him. Like a tell a lot of people, help yourself and it will help the police work for you. If you had a restraining order and he continued knowing not to contact you, you'd have plenty for a stalking charge possibly.

Without giving away too much about where I work and whatnot, I'm knowledgeable about legal matters. Feel free to pick my brain about that much anytime. :3

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Document everything. Everything. Take screenshots, make printouts, gather witnesses, and go to the police. There are laws in place for scenarios exactly like this.

5. confusedbubble

Pm your friends from Facebook (the ones he has in common) and tell them that he's a stalker and ask them to remove him. Also can you not change your mobile number and when you get a new one tell the people you give it to not to give it out unless you say they can

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As mentioned above, you should notify friends (and family) about this stalker so you have more eyes watching out for you. Were you able to get his real name so the police can find him? Also, you maybe able to contact a phone company and report the harassment.