1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pressure to have sex

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ConfusedTeen11, Dec 11, 2015.

1. ConfusedTeen11

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd like to start off by saying I'm ashamed of my generation, all people my age are desperate to have sex. The most annoying thing is that it has rubbed off on me, I really want sex and I can't help it. I'm in the last few years of high school and quite a few people I know have done all sorts of sexual acts like sexting, blowjobs,fingering and sex and I feel pressured to have sex. Part of me really wants it but another part knows I'm too young and shouldn't be doing these things. I even got and offer of sex recently and I didn't know what to say.

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's quite simple really. Do you really want to have sex or not. If you want to have sex to experience it and get the kick of it so to speak then go ahead. But if you want to have a meaningful relationship out of it then you are better off stepping back and evaluating who you would want to have it with.

But then again I'm celibate at the moment so I don't really know what getting an offer feels like :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So I might not be the best person to give you advice.

3. omgwhatishappen

Although I graduated from high school nearly a decade ago, what you are experiencing isn't necessarily anything 'new.' Maybe you can develop a little compassion for your peers; understand that your peers may be as frightened, confused, and frustrated as you currently find yourself. Throughout my early years, I consistently succumbed to peer pressure, and the result usually ended up making me feel terrible inside. This doesn't have to be your experience!

It takes a lot of courage and strength to walk your own path, and not to succumb to external pressure. By following your own gut and remaining brave, your life may not even realize that you are being a role model to others who are not as strong.

On the biological side, you are experiencing the normal progression of the human sexual development. You are a writhing ball of hormones, and many of these feelings are totally new and overwhelming. This is normal! You are not alone. Still, I urge you to follow your intituiton: even though you may feel compelled to push beyond your boundaries to satisfy some external pressure, you never have to do anything that you don't feel comfortable with.

I support you being you, staying safe, and not doing things just because everyone else is. This is a safe community! Keep being honest and open here, and you'll find others who are experiencing exactly what you are!

you're worth it,
    Trevor

4. ConfusedTeen11

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks guys you have been a huge help, I think I am going to wait for the right person. Really thank you again

5. HeraldofSithis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm in secondary school too and from my experience (in an all boy school, too), it's natural for people to want to explore their sexuality as they progress through puberty. In my opinion, I don't really think you should be getting into anything serious at a young age, because in your experimentation you may end up doing things you didn't want to do or think through properly.

If you can, talk to your parents about it. I spoke to both of mine about practically everything I went through in school, including being approached by guys and which girls I liked and they both gave me sound advice. As some of the guys before me said, you can do whatever you want, but think it through first.