1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I beautiful?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lonelyjamie, Dec 12, 2015.

1. lonelyjamie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a low self-esteem, I don't think myself as an attractive person, but today something happened that made me think more about it: two strange people told my mother in different moments that "oh, your son is very, very beautiful". When I got back home I started looking myself in the mirror and tried to identify what other people see in me that I can't see, but I couldn't. What's wrong with me? How can I accept these comments as true?

2. Riz

Riz

I think it's hard for most people to be able to appreciate their own looks and value.
    What I try to do is not being sad because I can't see it myself, but I try to see it through other's eyes. Through someone, I am beautiful, I'm worth something. Therefor, in a way, it's true. If that makes sense.
    It doesn't change your own confidence/feeling about yourself, but it makes you feel less bad about it.

3. FootballFan101

You are beautiful no matter what they say,

4. HeraldofSithis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    We're all beautiful, as we're all unique. There's something for everyone in this world...

On another note I actually ask myself the same thing, especially with my grade 7 acne that I recently started taking roaccutane for. This is despite people telling me that I am good looking (as is my sister) and that aside from my spots my skin is beautiful. But the thing is I don't always believe them because I don't do dating so I've never really gotten any compliments (if that's the right word) from other people my age.

5. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We are our own worst critics-

And that is very true. Especially if you've felt/ or you feel like you don't fit in, it makes you question why you don't, which usually results in a cycle of self-doubt, and hate, because it must be your flaw, right?

You're not alone in this, and we've all struggled or are struggling with some form of self-doubt sometime in our life.

Some people will find you beautiful, and some people won't. It's how it works. Everybody is unique and everyone has preferences. But as cheesy as it sounds, when you learn to love yourself, you'll see everything as more beautiful.