1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can anyone lesbian or bi pass some thoughts on this perplexing work situation?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by mumbojumbo, Dec 14, 2015.

1. mumbojumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hi all, female- straight here, well i think haha.
    Ok so this will prob be longwinded but this is all so weird and im trying to figure out the situation and what the deal is if anyone can add any valuable input.
    Had a new boss start a couple months ago, mid 20s same as me very attractive, the awe of every man in the building haha, really nice person whos filling a big position. first time we met and introduced she seemed very friendly and relaxed, after that i broke the ice a bit with some humour as im bit shit with new people and
    we kinda got chatting, worked out we both smoked but she maintained she didnt smoke at work only at home. fast forward a couple months and things seem to be a bit bizarre, now im straight always have been, never even thought of women and i know bosslady had split from bf about 6 months prev as she stated that reason for smoking again, so safe to assume both straight. However very odd eye contact going on, Dont see her a massive amount around work as fairly big place and duties call, but I dont know,...when our eyes lock its pretty intense, in a good way though iv always thought her pretty but i cant even explain it, she really locks on with the eyes, Iike staring deep, after we briefly got to know each other through our chat i noticed afterwards she would always greet me warmly whenever entering my space, regardless who else was around always said my name first and stood quite close face on. obv that can be down to rappor and building relationships as so to speak as that is to be expected in my line of work. if she sees me head out for a cig she will invite herself along where we talk, and look at each other, but i break the gaze cus im shit at eye contact and im humourous as always so she laughs a lot. i have always felt an attraction to her but kind of put it down to admiring beauty but theres just this weird click when we talk, its like as soon as the eyes meet shes just there boring into me, its pretty intense and she never breaks the gaze but also stands very close to me, like very close face on, direct. Guess im kinda confused whats going on as to be blunt and honest I do fancy her, but dont think of other women its just her, iv never let it show other than joking around teasing her about random things weve spoken about in cig breaks, she just laughs the whole time trying to justify herself.our time together is not very long barr a couple of lunch breaks with other people in the room. Its safe to say we are friendly and relaxed with each other and that in company of others at break she is generally quiet and doesnt speak much just tends to look at her phone. what i have noticed a lot is that whenever im talking to her or talking to someone else when she is near, i see her look me up and down, like from toe to head, its so weird when she does it right to my face because i honestly dont think she realises that shes doing it, its the whole eyes thing thats getting me, it just feels real intense whenever we meet and she literally just stares but not in a horrible way, sometimes she has quite a serious look on her face even though she might have just said hello its just there bang the contact and im like whoa. but im wondering if its just me...or could the attraction be both sided? I dont even know how to test the water with this one, is anyone any good with body language? lol. any questions ask away :slight_smile: this is a bit of a confusing time its like what the hells going on. and also difficult because of maintaining prefessionalism, although we get on absolutely fine, so whats her game? anybody?

---------- Post added 14th Dec 2015 at 02:56 PM ----------

forgot to say, and this might not be relevant at all, but after the first couple weeks at work Bosslady starts smoking regularly at work, even though on our first meet maintained she never smoked at work, only at home *shrugs*

2. Distant Echo

You two need some time outside of work. Ask her out for a coffee.
    And...wow!

3. mumbojumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Im just really dubious in case iv kinda got all this wrong and it turns embarrasing, I dont even know what exscuse I could come up with for the invite as she doesnt live local either. I am honestly racking my brains trying to figure if its just me overthinking things, But then again is it really normal practice to look someone up and down their full body. thats what gets me lol.

4. Distant Echo

It's not. But I find myself doing it to my crush. Just not to her face. But when she's walking in front of me, pretty well anytime she has her back to me.... If she's doing it to your face...there is something there.
    Bring the convo around to movies, find one playing that you both want to watch, and go.
    Give it a go.
    You have nothing to lose, and it sounds like you have absolutely everything to gain.
    And you should probably change your orientation to questioning :wink:

5. confusedbubble

It's nearing Xmas invite her out for a small drink or coffee after work, sounds like she could be giving you a few signals go with the flow.... Looking someone up and down isn't really normal practice as per say unless you're interested in them its kind of like she's checking you out. Next time try to maintain the eye contact and enjoy

6. mumbojumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    lmao, Thanks mirror.
    I think the other confusing thing is also that we are both straight, well I am, I dont know her full history. But I mean, I dunno Its the eyelock, Iv been trying to nail it lately with regards to holding the gaze but duuude shes just there with it, She aint breaking it for shit lol, i get lost in those eyes. movies is a good call, il have to have a think about that haha. And yes questioning indeed. have never ever felt inclined to think about women though, Not til i met this one. very strange, although I am not finding myself eyeing up other girls, im not even interested. how can that be. absolute headache haha

7. Distant Echo

Oh you'd be surprised. It only takes one woman. I knew I wasn't straight after meeting another woman a few years ago, but after we split, I successfully ignored it until I met my crush. Now I'm out as lesbian and happier than I've ever been. I can't and don't want to run from it anymore.
    Go with it. It could change your life. It could be the best thing that ever happens to you.

And if it doesn't work, you've discovered something about yourself. And you might find an amazing friend.
    Life's too short to not take risks.

8. mumbojumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    very true mirror, Life is too short. Thanks for the input everyone, we shall see what arises haha

9. idsm

I love such stories! I´m not sure why, but I do.
    I agree with everything already posted above.

Just don´t forget to come back and keep us posted! :slight_smile:

#9 idsm, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  10. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ask her out for a drink and see where it goes from there :slight_smile: Good luck!

11. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    idk looking sumone up and down when others are around maybe she was analysing u in the sense that shes in a higher position as u and while ur talking shes observing the way u carry urself...if shes ur boss dude id be iffy...things can go awkward so fast then ud be stuck in.that situation...tread carefully...coffee sounds like a good idea tho if u wanna pursue this one..just say sumthing like "have u tried the new flat white latte they have at starbucks?" then if she says no, be like "dude u have to try it its so bomb, we should go..." then she what she says to the idea

12. mumbojumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Yeah I know its a bit like ummm and ahhh, and the while boss and underdog thing too, can be a tricky one, I do wonder whether she is just trying to figure me out, I dont know, i am really outgoing and always joking around with anyone in my company and so they are always laughing and we have a crack, she has probably noticed that and may be intrigued a little, but yeah Im just a tad suspect, the way she will see me heading out the door and then says ahh il come with you, and we go for a smoke and chat, but def a lot of eye contact its like i dont know where to look sometimes, but have been holding it back steady lately, she does disappear off quick sometimes though, like il hold the gaze, its lovely contact makes me feel a surge of warmth haha, then ill go to put my cig out and the convo just drops like a bomb as shes off and round the corner and im a bit like Wait up lol, sometimes its like she doesnt know what to say around me although any other time at work she will always come up and greet me and be like THERE in front of me and briefly talk. I just really dont understand The body scan situation, everyones uniform is the same so its not like shes checking out my style just has a serious look on her face if shes at a distance and the eyes just roll on up from my feet to my head, it is quite funny when im stood in front of her and she does it because its literally like a split second, it doesnt linger so I dont think shes trying to be purposely indiscreet, i may have to come up with some quirky throwback for the next time she does it but i dont know what and i dont want to potentially embarass her or make anything awkward. might be fun to put her on the spot though, just so she knows im teasingly questioning her motives haha cus im a cow obviously!!
    very unsure of asking her out somewhere outside of work, im not sure as to whether we are AT that comfortable level with each other where it wouldnt seem odd for me to suggest heading out. after all we havnt known each other that long. can anyone recommend any signs or body language that I could be looking out for???, Im determined to figure her out. im kinda playing it cool for now...no jumping the gun....although i was talking to a friend who had popped into work and i was due to head off out the back when i heard her call for my attention, she said my name and asked me if it was bad of her to be buying wine? as i usually rib her jokingly telling her shes an alcoholic after she admitted she like a couple glasses every night. i just said, Use your head girl its the weekend buy 2...course then i had to dash off....gutted haha

---------- Post added 15th Dec 2015 at 03:22 PM ----------

p.s: Am sorely tempted to walk into her office tomorrow, spin her chair round and in towards me and plant a sexy smacker on her lips. Not sure whether I can 50/50 the chance of being dropkicked if iv got all this wrong though!!!

13. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

No to the PS idea! ... but otherwise, I'd say go for it! The electricity is there. Give her an opening to go out for a coffee, and see if she takes it.

One word of caution. I have known straight women who are just dying for emotional closeness with another woman, for a special friend, so sometimes it's just that. But a straight woman will not do the body scan thing.

14. YeahpIdk

I agree with what others are saying here, and think you should definitely take Open's last sentiment as some sound advice. Is it platonic sounding for her to be looking you up and down, locking eyes with you all the time in a super intense way that's making you all fluttery - laughing at all your jokes?? NO. This is the definition of delicious flirtation. If she's into you, asking her to get together outside of work should be a pretty easy task, and take it from there. I wouldn't even bring up anything about attraction, sexuality or try to go in for a 'sexy smack' on the first outing. Feel her out--NOT physically :icon_wink--and see how she acts. If it doesn't feel like you're both just having a friendly time out, then it's probably not, BUT, people can be flirty and not have feelings. So, enter with caution, but hey, enjoy it -- sounds like the beginnings of many of our trigger crushes (which don't really turn out well, but hey, you learn something). Take a look in the Later in Life section to see if any trigger crush convos make sense to you.

Good luck!

15. mumbojumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    okay, okay, So I was only joking about the whole kiss thing...I would never dream of being that forward, popped into the office earlier for a quick "Hello , and hows the hangover" joke and yep there it was a few times, looked me up and down at least 3 times whilst chatting, (well i say chatting, it was more me taking the mick out of her the whole time, lots of laughs and I made my exit to go home and was wished to have a good afternoon) The girl loves to look lol, yeah I see this as kinda being away from the norm, def couldnt take her eyes off me today, but not sure whether im receiving any flirtacious behaviour back, I know everyone is saying invite her someplace outside of work but man this is a real mission, for once I have no balls and just cant seem to come out with anything as it seems very unfront and if it were denied I think i would feel a right idiot and feel like iv dropped myself in it. So hard, If there were more signs I may go for it, As I said, playing it cool, its like banging your head against a brick wall as its not like i see her a massive amount every day, our paths cross here and there. really appreciate peoples input, im awful with situations like this its like Ahhhhhhhhhh what what what what what lol.

16. Distant Echo

You gotta change your orientation to at least questioning lol. The way you are reacting to the attention....you are at least questioning. Try it on, see how it fits :wink:

And keep up those chats. I bet she's enjoying them as much as you are :grin:

17. mumbojumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    okay Update- And some are guna laugh at this, but I did a totally cliche thing, I am proud but not proud and sent her a message this evening via facebook, i thought sod it, make or break...
    asked her if next shift she would come and work with me and chat as I could do with some some female company as working with the boys every day was getting a bit tedious... 10 mins later I got a reply saying she was actually going to be doing a day on the shopfloor in a non management role and that she would be sure to do this (exclamation mark at end of her sentence)

What does everyone think, Good sign? lol
    not sure when that will be as ultra busy due to xmas and retail is mental, but am looking forward to this *wink*

18. Distant Echo

Oh hell yeah! make the most of it :grin:

19. mumbojumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I will try mirror haha, not sure how long I have to wait but it would be good to spend some time in person even if we dont actually work together all day. Better start thinking up some talking Topics I suppose :slight_smile:

20. mumbojumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Well all seems to have gone a bit quiet, Im feeling mixed signals, I dont know?? Lead up to xmas, a very busy trading period for my store, so only short passing contact, sat in one lunchtime where she came in half way through my break, i was one end of the room in the comfortable area chatting and joking with some colleagues, and she sat up far end at a table eating lunch and looking dare i say it Miserable, went out for a fag and was going to return and sit and chat to give her some company but alas she had gone. Another day she was working on same section as ne which is quite large, i asked her the time as no watch and she declared she was hungry and asked if id had my break yet? i said no, i was going shortly, passed back her way after doing what i was doing and asked if she was coming out for a smoke, there was another manager close and she kind of mumbled something as if to distract away from the fact she smoked, i dont think she wants others high up to know shes out smoking regularly...for some reason, so i went on my way, was no issue.
    Few other chats in passing, seems very chirpy and smiley to interact with me, even playfully scolding me and laughing when i asked a question about sales that i should have known the answer to, so a general relaxed atmosphere. but again xmas week and very limited contact, end of xmas week, i sent a private instant message after work totally formal, apologising for some issues that made the section not up to standard and out of my control as she had asked me to focus on these earlier that morning, so i was just being courteous and giving a small handover as i hadnt seen her. xmas eve sent a message wishing her a merry xmas and nice festive period as hadnt managed to get round to everyone upon leaving. No acknowledgment to my messages, which okay fair enough, was just trying to be nice. Dont think ill send anymore, maybe it is too personal I dont know. Maybe best to back off a little, although she seems nice enough to my face, very smiley and laughy (if thats a word) I still feel a pleasant connection but still no idea how to push forwards with this one. I wouldnt mind a bet that if anything is lurking there then proffesionalism may well be on her mind. still, seems a bit hot and cold. Cant work her out.