1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misdirecting my anger

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by crazydog15, Dec 14, 2015.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This feels really weird, but when I'm mad at myself or at some indeterminate situation, I take it out on my sexuality. I call myself a faggot, I tell myself that I'm worthless, that I'll never find someone, etc. I don't like that I do this, but it's what I've always done. My gayness is my target for anger. This happened today; I was/am mad at myself because of some stupid screw up I made at work, which is causing some irritating issues.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there any way to stop it? Half the time I don't even know that I'm doing it.

2. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I've had my fair share. Usually around a social setting and I totally make a mess of the situation or when I mess up in life in general. I always blame the parts of my life that I'm insecure about.

I don't know if that is the reason why you do it and it sounds more like you are bashing yourself in general than just because you're gay, but what I've done in the past is try to find ways to relax, obviously. Try and calm down and understand why you are really mad and learn from it. Calling yourself names never solves anything, control that anger. Easier said than done of course.
    If you can you can always try and get some air, leave the situation.
    Listening to music always help me when I'm angry.

3. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You shouldn't do that. You are a human being and you don't deserve to be treated like that.

"Does this happen to anyone else?"

Probably. It wasn't my case but I'm sure there are people who feel like you do.

"Is there any way to stop it?"

Asking for professional help.