1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to approach this girl

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CL1990, Dec 16, 2015.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi!

So...i have this massive crush on this girl at work i occasionally see and hardly ever interacted with her. I have my xmas party coming up tomorrow and i would love to approach her in any sort of way but dont know where to even Start. I also dont know if she is into me/gay/curious but i swear i can see quite a lot of eye contact between us (or maybe im going mad)?

I know its a tricky situation cuz of the work enviroment, and the tiny fact that no one knows im gay but any sort of advice is welcome!

Ps. Needless to say im a very shy person and tend to act so "cool" around people im interested in that it ends up looking like im ignoring them.

2. rangersgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey CL1990

im in the same boat :frowning2: this girl I'm not sure if she's gay, but i have vibes and we went on a night out albeit a it fuzzy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but she was touching my back and leg during the christmas dinner... i don't know if she even knows I'm gay so lately i have been coming out at work because i believe its the only way ill get a chance. i don't care who knows anyway as I'm at that stage in life where peoples opinions dont matter :slight_smile: so anyway she said we should do it again soon and mentioned two nights out.. keen :wink: hopefully!

again I'm the same as you i play it too cool as i don't want to scare her either incase she freaks out..

if you both are on the xmas party grab her hand and say lets do shots :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: sure if the drinks in, it will be less awkward, i honestly believe its all in our head though!!

watch how she acts with men and that should give you some indicators as well

3. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Strike up a conversation about whatever. It's a Christmas party. Something is bound to be lousy or awesome: the food, the music, the speeches…

Do things that you would ascribe to attraction signals if the tables were turned. She's likely to be dressed up, so you could compliment her. In my experience, compliments about specific details will be more effective in getting your point ("I find you attractive enough to pay attention to you") across than general ones.

Try a little at a time. Embrace that you're attracted to her, and wanting to communicate that you are. If she's not interested in you already, little hints of interest would spark her curiosity if the potential is there.

You may not get the results you want instantly but then again, Rome wasn't built in one day. :wink:

(Oh, and if her gaydar is any good, she probably knows you're gay already.)

Be brave!

#3 PlaidGlove, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  4. Gay1234

Start a conversation about LGBT rights and pride and see her reactions to it. You go first do you set good vibes so she won't be homophobic just to fit in. If she loves gay pride then raise the conversation an if she doesn't then it is looking unlikely. I hope it goes well for you an good luck.

Good Luck,
    Gay1234

5. CalzonaFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I usually come out first so I can see the other person's reaction...
    I mean, it is always good to be yourself, if there's no romance, there will still be friendship and bonding over this sharing, at least from my experience...
    Good luck!

6. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, how did the party go? :slight_smile:

7. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not good at all, no contact at all with this girl and she left quite early...i guess i was beeing overly ambitious...oh well im just that stupid might just be time to move along (if only it was THAT simple!)