1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I falling in love with the same person again and how to stop this?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Yato Gami, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Yato Gami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I fell in love with a guy some years ago and I was in love for a year or so, It was awful. He had two girlfriends at this time (not at once haha) and he knew I loved him but talked about those girls anyways. He had already been in a relationship when I first met him and we texted each other like every day and I was so in love (and I hated me for that) and then he fell in love with the other girl and asked ME what to do, because, as I said, he was in a relationship at that time. I was crying like every evening. Then he went somewhere and we couldn't text much anymore and when he did, I didn't reply or just really shortly and I managed to "get free" from him. It was hard though. But this happened some years ago and I'm over it know, I just feel very embarrassed because I was such a little crying girl.

The thing is, I saw him again some days ago (we didn't see each other for years) and I think people would say he's not as attractive anymore, he kinda gained a bit of weight. But you see, I didn't like him anymore, I kinda hated him and I didn't want to talk to him again. Eventually I did, and he wasn't as bad as I had had him in my mind. NO! I kinda felt attracted to him again and I DID want to talk to him a lot and I finally accepted his friend request on fb and I wanted to text him again (but didn't because I don't want him to notice, god, I don't want myself to be weak again!) I mean, I am not in love with him again, but I guess, if I texted him, exactly that would happen. It's like there's a small spark of attraction to him in me and I kinda try to ignore that but Ah idk... It's just, why am I attracted to exactly the same person again after not seeing him for such a long time but not to anyone else? And how can I get rid of this feeling? (I know, he wouldn't love me back, I'm just too "boyish" and not his type haha)