1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it a little bit late for me?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by uyenkokki, Dec 17, 2015.

1. uyenkokki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello everyone, I know this question is kind of silly but...

Well, I can call myself 100% virgin. I have never hold anyone's hand, I have never hugged anyone, I have never kissed anyone, I have never had sex with anyone. And yes, I have been a single for 19 years.

Meanwhile, all of my friends are getting 'some'. Some of them have been dating since they were 13 or so. And all I get are nothing. I'm feeling a little bit... empty these days. I wonder if is this normal?

Thank you very much for reading my post :slight_smile:.

2. Outboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its not a silly question if everyone around you is dating. However your still young. I've never had a relationship with anyone even now. The only time anything happened was when I was at university when I tell people I didnt really know I was gay. Never force yourself into anything if your not ready though. Do you know anyone else who is gay?

3. uyenkokki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you for your reply!
    Yes, I know some of them. But I think we are lack of chemistry, that's why it's all about being friend. (I eventually forgot about their existance, sometimes)

4. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Please don’t worry about reaching an age and not checking these things off. There’s nothing wrong with being 19 and not having been kissed. There’s nothing wrong with starting college never having had a boyfriend/romantic partner. You aren’t weird or an outcast because you haven’t been on a date by a socially constructed time frame. I'm sorry society makes you think otherwise, each persons journey in life is different, stay positive and live life thinking a wonderful moment is just about to happen and who knows maybe the love of your life will enter your life very soon...!

5. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no set path or age at which you're supposed to achieve things. When you find the right guy, and you're comfortable and ready, you'll do what you want to do. But there's no reason to rush into anything, or to make hasty decisions. :slight_smile: You're you, and that's beautiful! Don't judge your life based on the actions or standards that others set. :grin:

6. uyenkokki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you everyone for your help :slight_smile:, I feel better now :grin:.

7. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had my first date when I was 20, and many of my university friends have never had a relationship. I completely agree that you shouldn't worry about ticking off boxes by a certain age. There's no fixed age to do anything. Take it in you're own time, and you will be much happier when it comes around, whenever that happens to be. I had my first (brief) sexual encounter before I was ready and really regretted it. It was a completely different experience when I finally found the right person and time. There's really no rush.

You're doing fine :slight_smile: