1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with a straight boy.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Out and About, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Out and About

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'll start from the beginning.
    I met this boy half a year ago and assumed he was gay to start with. He acted flirty with me and talked about how hot Zac Efron is with all of his female friends. However, a few days later I found out that he had a girlfriend. He messaged me asking if I was gay and I said yes. I then asked him whether he was bisexual or straight because of his girlfriend and he proceeded to tell me he was straight. I was alright with this.
    However, he continued to do sexually suggestive acts towards me. I thought this was just for attention seeing as he did it around other people and in front of his girlfriend, but he would also message me and Snapchat me privately and say sexual things. This is when I began to fall for him.
    His girlfriend is a lovely girl but she allows him to be sexual towards me and other boys even though he is self-proclaimed as straight. Also, she doesn't like being too 'couple-y' in public and avoids kissing and hugging when the people are around.
    I later messaged him asking about his sexuality. He said that he did used to have sexual thoughts about boys and has masturbated over a boy once, but he no longer finds boys sexually attractive. He even said that he'd tried and he can't find them sexually attractive. This further prompted me to believe that he was straight but just wanting attention from acting sexually towards me in public.
    I'm writing all this because I need help. I'm sure you all know the feeling of being in love with someone who doesn't love you back, but this is making me incredibly sad all of the time. The only time I'm happy is when I'm with him. I just want to know what you think I should do. I fear that if I message him about it then he will stop doing what he does and I love it when he pretends that we are together. I know I shouldn't but I do. So should I message him and risk him not being as friendly to me anymore or shall I leave it and see if I can get over him by myself??
    Thank you so much

2. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been in the same position with a girl
    Distance yourself (it will be really hard) but you may gain something from it, sometimes distancing yourself gives someone time to think about you and see if they miss you - it can help validate their feelings
    This guy definitely seems atleast bisexual or bicurious he wouldn't be acting this way with you for nothing, he's just probably scared
    If you distance yourself and he asks why/notices, say something like I've gotten feelings for you by the way you act towards me and you have a girlfriend so I backed off
    He may then start to consider why he acts that way with you and if he really likes you
    Good luck :slight_smile:

3. Out and About

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you so much, I've become too involved in this situation and I think you're right, space is just what we both need. Thanks again:icon_bigg

4. Magenta Mucus

God, I hate the feeling. Unfortunately, we both know it very well then.

Why don't you read my broken-heart story too? Then we can grovel and cry together. :slight_smile: *hides tear from memory*

#4 Magenta Mucus, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015