1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pants size.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AlexPanda94, Dec 18, 2015.

1. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

I need to get new pants and undershirts and stuff (probably tomorrow) and I am unsure what size pants to get because I want to get mens pants rather than womans pants like I always do (I am buying my own clothes for once now that I have a job)... I wear size 8M in womens jeans and am 5 ft 6, 130-135 lbs. I am thinking (after Googling) that I will need size 38/31 but I have no clue how any of that works to know if Google is right or whatever.

:help: Help a panda out?

2. Really

I'm not sure but I think men's pants are sized by waist in inches. You could always check out some online store and check their size chart just to be sure.

Here's a How To.

3. JedenPolska

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'd say you need 32/30. 38 is way too big, and you're not overweight. Also a 31 length is extremely hard to find. Try on 34/30, 32/32, 34/32 too though when in the fitting room. Also know that the waistline will probably be really loose, while the butt area is tight. Men's jeans are made for guys with minimal rears

4. Rydia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If there's some reason you can't just try some on at the store you are planning to shop at, maybe drop by someplace no one is likely to notice....like Wal-mart or some such and grab some pants from the men's section and try them on to get an idea.

Clothing varies so much by design and brand on size, it's probably going to be hard to get a good match without actually trying something on.

For me, I wear a lot of men's shirts, but I can not wear men's pants, because the proportions just don't work for my body type. Too much booty.

5. IrishJ

This is why there are Tailors.. Being a man with no butt and a short inseam, I will purchase jeans/khakis and then take them to a tailor to have them adjusted. Panda - go hit up a walmart, grab a bunch of various sizes and hit the dressing room. Nobody at Walmart cares what you are doing there in general. Find something that is comfy and if it needs adjustment, a few bucks can make a huge difference. Have fun with your clothing adventure. If you were closer, I would be glad to help, sounds like an adventure - J

6. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    38 waist is normally for a large - extra large man and I would say 31 leg is for someone in the region of 5ft, 9. I think you probably need to be looking for smaller waist and leg.

7. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

No there's not, I just figured it would be easier and quicker to have an idea of what size I need and go grab it.

I didn't get to go the other day by the way.

Also for everyone in commenting I posted this because I was thinking that the sizing sounded wrong but when I went on Google that's all I figured out.

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2015 at 09:40 PM ----------

Thanks for replies!!

8. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

I apparently wear 30/30, I went to Aero and Target (didn't get any pants at Target) and those fit perfectly.
    - I also got some shirts and a hoodie thing.

9. ThatGirlShauna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was going to suggest a 30/30! Glad you found your size!

10. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

Thank you! I am too!
    - My girlfriend actually walked right in the store and was like here try 31/30 and 30/30, I think you wear 30/30 and I was just like DAMN BABE THEY FIT lol.