1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Must Read For Anyone

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Contact1111, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, all of this isn't particularly relevant to this site or anywhere in particular. Instead, this is for humanity as a whole. I just feel that I need to let people know something about my views that I don't typically share with others, in general. I feel that I am one of a group of individuals who are here to live my life to set an example of the ultimate destiny of mankind. First off, there are going to be big changes in coming years. There have been values that have existed in the past that are going by the wayside, but this is not something to be feared. Instead, it is evidence that mankind is becoming self regulating, and it no longer has the need to be regulated by the values and rules of others. People's consciousnesses are rising, and they are gradually becoming able to be civilized even in the total lack of societal rules. Eventually, the society as we know today is destined to fall apart. However, this is actually a positive thing rather than a negative one. This will not happen in the form of a large global conflict. There will be no "armageddon" or "end of days". Instead, the society that we know will undergo changes over the course of years that eventually causes it to radically change into a drastically different place. Ultimately, all of the world's political leaders will simply step down voluntarily and lead lives as ordinary people. There will no longer be any need for laws or governments, because every single human being will be able to regulate themselves on an individual basis and never behave in a violent fashion. The end of the current civilization will not be marked by conflict but rather the end of conflict. The "apocalypse" will actually be marked by complete world peace rather than conflict or violence. I truly believe that within 50 years or so, there will be no more wars or political struggles of any kind. Did you know that the original word "apocalypse" essentially referred to a mass awakening rather than the end of humanity. Now, here is where I and certain other people come into the picture. People always talk about wanting change, but ordinary people themselves need to change for change to happen. I feel that I have changed for the good of humanity as a whole, rather than just for myself. Everyone needs to do this, and think to themselves what will benefit the human race as a whole. We need to connect ourselves to the entire world populace. There are several things that I feel that humans need to do in order for world peace to happen, and if everyone did these things it would happen. First off, any references to violence should be removed from people's everyday lives. It has not done humanity any good, so it may as well be ditched entirely. I do not play violent video games or watch violent television shows, and in doing so I am promoting world peace. Also, I think that people need to find their own selves rather than the demands and ideas of others. I truly feel that there are two sides to the self. There is the self that is built by years of others expressing themselves in an effort to control themselves. In theory, the roots of these ideas go back to the beginning of much of communication. However, nearly every idea that exists in this culture or any culture does not have any bearing on every individual in a culture. However, when a culture evolves, the ideas of individuals that differ are pushed to the side. This is why each individual needs to live through and express their own ideas. Now, one has to be careful with this. This may be a complete mindfuck to many people, but what you think are your ideas may actually not be. Most of us have so much conditioning that the things we carry with us are actually not from us, but they are from the culture as a whole or are in some way the ideas of others. When one works towards raising their consciousness, you will ultimately naturally find yourself able to tell the difference. The ideas of this culture-free self are always completely peaceful and there are no power struggles, because this is all the doing of the culture based self. The culture-free self has no tendency towards behaviors that are bad for others or the self. It is a sort of pure consciousness, and it is also far more advanced and intelligent than you can possibly comprehend. Rather than relying on the ideas of others, you are simply able to know and understand things naturally. I feel that I have begun to evolve to this state of being, as an example to others. Of course, the knowledge of others also will still play a part in your life. However, you will naturally be more able to understand what you should carry with you and what you shouldn't.

2. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Contact1, I have a suggestion for you. You'll get more people to read what you write if you put it in the form of paragraphs with spaces.

You have put up a solid wall, so to speak. Leaving spaces is like inviting us in, plus it is a lot easier on our eyes and brains.

You could be writing the most interesting and intelligent posts on here, but most people will not bother to tackle your solid block style.

I've actually studied things like this, and there is a psychological significance/meaning to this style of presenting yourself on a page or screen, so you might want to ask yourself when you developed this habit and why.

Actually all of us can learn something about ourselves by looking at our patterns of communicating via our handwriting and the way we arrange our words on the screen. It's a fascinating field.

3. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Huh, that's interesting. Well, I am going to repost this with proper formatting so more people read it.

4. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Very good of you to take feedback. Some people would just feel insulted, but I meant it as a tip.

5. Au.Quicksilver

I'd love for that outcome to happen. It would be arguably the ideal form of communism. An anarcho-communist utopia. I hope you're right.

The violence in the media may be not as realistic, as then violence outside of media may have an even greater effect through a lack of being shown inside of it and possibly not taught well. Also, violence, if it is to be ignored, ignores nature, which includes necessary violence as well as unnecessary. All animals are capable of violence even if they haven't experienced violence before.

However, if violence was properly educated against for a sustained period of time, enough to change human DNA, it's possible that humans will have an extremely decreased rate of violence.

Though otherwise, your thoughts show the most possible utopia for Earth.

6. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I was going to also point out you may want to use paragraphs. Reading that is physically painful. This is about the formatting.

Now about the content. I don't want to be mean but I feel that this needs to be said. I don't know how old are you but it is pretty clear that either you have not stepped outside the small town you are living or then you are high on something.

I have been around the world. I've seen people being beaten in front of me and people being shot at. I've been robbed at a knife point and I have seen dead bodies lying on the road. I've shaken hands with a genocidal war criminal and his victim. I've talked to people who would happily execute people for being gay or not believing in their god.

Despite all the bad stuff I have had some really wonderful experiences with people. A poor family took me to their house when I was out of money walking in a street alone. They housed me and fed me and even shared their bed with me.

If I have learned something is that everything, both good and bad, we see in this world is a result of our human nature deeply engraved into our DNA. Some New Age philosophy is not going to overwrite 2 million years of evolution. You are naive and dreaming if you think we ever turn into such Utopian society. The day the utopia is here is the day when we cease being humans.

#6 Euler, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Some of my thoughts.

First, I didn't read all of that. As has been mentioned above, the style it's written in makes it very unpleasant to read.

I see one good thing and one bad thing about this. I hope you won't hold this against me, OP, since you desire balance?

First, the good news is that I like seeing these optimistic currents of thought every now and then. There is an imbalance of too much pessimism and cynicism, a lot of it not even "smart" cynicism, but rather just using arguments such as "human nature won't allow for a good society", stating it as absolute fact when really it's an on-going debate within a larger academic, philosophical and social context - for example, only the bio-psychological perspective on psychology, which represents only one out of four/five, has it that nature is more important than nurture when it comes to human behavior.
    So, well, it's good to have something positive to balance things out.

On the other hand, there's one thing here that I find a bit annoying, and that's to do with "we should do these things". When you get this specific, people will be alienated. I don't agree that censoring violent video games, for example, would necessarily help bring peace to the world. Sure, shooting each other in a virtual world doesn't sound very pleasant - but come on, it's just a game! I find that rather than saying 'if you do this or that you're committing moral murder', it's more efficient to talk about non-violence in general, and the ideal of peace.

#7 Invidia, Dec 19, 2015
  8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I disagree with two things:
    1. I highly doubt that such a big change will happen in just 50 years.
    2. Similar to what Au.Quicksilver said, I think violence is a part of nature, and even without influence by society, some people will still be naturally violent.

But other than that, you make some good points, especially by saying that we are better off if we can recognize what are our true ideas and what are ideas we got from society. I spend a lot of time wondering what I'm really feeling or thinking, and if it's really my own, original thought. Society makes it hard for you to express your true self, which is why people modify their behavior or words in order to fit in and be accepted. Still, I think that it's more important to understand yourself than it is to fit in. Besides, if you focus on your own thoughts, you are more likely to avoid peer pressure, which could make you a better and happier person overall. If everyone would do this, then it could certainly improve life for a lot of people.

9. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    TL;DR: You are an anarchist?

------------------------------------------------------​

I think this is the real must-read here. So true. Everyone that expresses themselves in written form could benefit from always keeping this in mind.

#9 RawringSnake, Dec 19, 2015