1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Issues?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gibson234, Dec 20, 2015.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everytime I look in the mirror I see a fat ugly person looking back at me. When I was depressed I used to get really down about this. But since I got over my depression, I don't hate myself for it, I just get a little sad.

I wasn't sure whether or not to put this in the advice section because I'm not sure what advice I could be given. I know what I've got to do. Lose weight. It's tough considering I've got Crohn's disease which in my case makes gaining weight easy, and losing it hard. But excuses won't mean anything on my deathbed.

I'm a little scared though that once I lose the weight I will still see a ugly face looking back at me in the mirror still. I just worry that once I find that person I want to be with, they will reject me because I'm ugly. But I don't even know if I'm ugly. I'm so confused.

Does anyone relate to this? Can anyone think of any advice?

2. Magenta Mucus

I can relate! I don't have a very high impression of my face either, except for my eyes. I get acne. My beard regrows in record time and stubble looks horrible on me so I have to be clean shaven. I hate how wide my hips are. I want to cut of the flab on my stomach with a steak knife. I know the instant a guy on ****** wants sex, because then he says I'm hot and I know for hell I'm not. I feel sad every time I glance at myself in the mirror.

Crohn's is a bugger, but will indomitable will overcome it. You just have to believe in yourself.

3. TraceElement

Yup. I have a hormone/endocrine disorder named polycystic ovary syndrome and am on an anti-psychotic. Both of which can hinder weight loss. Throw in being trans? I am a hot mess some days. I feel your pain man.

4. 2uye1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My advice is if you can change it, change it and if you can't change it, change your attitude. Your issue is visible but people may also have various invisible issues.
    Although saying those things but I also upset with my body having acne scars :lol: :bang:

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just posted this on a similar thread:

6. Van

Van

Learn to love yourself a little bit more. When you have a more positive attitude and you're on good terms with your own self, you'll attract people. No one's gonna reject you for being ugly. Because you are not even remotely ugly. When I clicked on your profile, I saw one very handsome guy. You don't have to worry about nothing, trust me. :thumbsup: Just work on your confidence, because you sure are a cutie. :icon_wink

7. Jette

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Gibson I can totally relate. I lost a great deal of weight and even though people said I was doing great and the scale said I was getting lighter, every time I looked at myself I saw the same overweight person I was before. It wasn't until I saw pictures of myself that I realized just how thin I had been. Wish I had kept it up.

I too always worry someone with whom I became intimate would reject me because of my body's flaws.

You are definitely not alone.

8. setnyx

you are not alone. i let my negative self image turn into reality. it's not to late for to make some changes. good luck