1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self Confidence

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by justine16, Dec 21, 2015.

1. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I really hate the way I look. I have mild/moderate acne and it really kills my self confidence. I have been told that I am attractive or at least not bad looking by peers before, but I still feel horribly ugly. I look completely male right now and haven't tried to pass, so my gender identity just causes more stress. Any tangible advice on boosting self confidence?

2. Really

Hey Justine, sorry you're feeling so down. Here are my $0.02.

re: acne. Check out your local pharmacy for products with benzoyl peroxide. This will help to spot clear up the acne. It is quite drying so remember to also use a sunscreen moisturizer.

Re: confidence. This is hard to work on if you don't have it but I've found doing new things can be good for this. Anything will work. Join a photography group or take a cooking class. The feeling of accomplishment of learning anything new will automatically make you feel better about yourself. You don't even have to be good at it. You'll have tried something new and know that you could do it again with something else or more of the same.

Is there anything you always thought you might like to try? Maybe your local recreation centre gives classes. Give it a shot! You never know, you might also meet some cool new people who think your dumplings are to die for. :slight_smile:

3. foxer

Good points ^

Especially the new things one. I really recommend starting something new. Photography might be fairly easy to approach. You can find some great photography groups even in online so it's one thing less to hassle with and a fancy camera isn't really needed. Phones camera can be good aswell and basic digital cameras aren't really expencive.

4. lovetoomuch

Currently understand your problems with acne. I struggle with it right now and have struggled with it for about 7 years now. Some days I wake up and hate the person I see in the mirror. I don't think I'm ugly by any means, but the acne really kills any self-confidence I have.

However, sometimes I have realizations and remember if someone loves you, he / she is not going to judge you for acne. People with acne can still be attractive. People with acne can still be confident. It's not easy, but realize there is more to you than a few marks on your face. The acne will go away eventually, at least that's what I'm hoping.