1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggle with confindence

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ezrabay0908, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Ezrabay0908

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi to whoever reads this,

I recently over the last couple of years struggle with confidence when at university or talking to guys online. I dont know how I can become less shy and reserved and show off who I am. It might not help with me not being out as I cant be myself.

Any advice on how I can overcome this issue without outing myself as I am not ready yet.

Thanks in advance.

:slight_smile:

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    try and share interests and slowly build up your hobbies
    sports if you like (ugh not me tho) or join a university club or hiking group
    cinema group, theatre group - must be loads
    anything that makes you expand your social circles a little at a time
    do it little by little
    and along the way you will build up confidence and also make new friends

its easy to withdraw and try to be wallpaper.. but this is what is making you isolated
    you need to build up confidence in easy steps rather than throw yourself in the deep end

3. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    bingostring said it really well.

All I can say is that my self-confidence was damage due to my past experiences growing up and it created this fear in my head about my self-worth.

You just got to get out there and try. You got to look at it positively because making new friends can take some time. Join communities, groups, and clubs you have in common with or just try something new, and if you can try and have a friend go with you. It is sometimes easier to go to new events with a buddy. There is nothing to loose and everything to gain. You just got to do it. It's easier said than done, but only you can take the first initiation.

As for not being out. I'm not out and what I can say is I just don't think about it. My sexuality isn't a topic that is usually present when I go to events. Don't constantly think about it because no one is probably thinking about it either, and besides people will think what they like to think anyways.

Good luck!

4. Ezrabay0908

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you you two for the advice I will take the advice and any words you have said to me it on board :slight_smile: Means a lot