1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to move on

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CL1990, Dec 26, 2015.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, i have a massiv crush on this girl at work. Even though i know its a dead end cuz even though there is a lot of eye contact, that is about it. Being honest 100% its the only thing keeping me from changing jobs. I know it sounds ridiculous but seing her just makes it worth it.
    I am aware how sad this sounds but its the truth and i feel quite frustrated about it...

2. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally feel your frustration, especially with all the subtleties. I'm in the same boat. Lots of eye-contact, lots of positive attention, and although I get the sense she's getting bolder as I show more interst, she's still rather passive and I'm used to more assertive people who tend to show their interest by getting in touch often, making explicit suggestions to hang out, etc.

Are you friends with her? Any chance of hanging out with her outside work?

3. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Unfortunately im not friends with her. She works close with one of my work friends but that friend has no idea im gay...i have tried to make conversation casually with her in the lift but it seems like im going no where with this (and she even might not even be interested in me) but i feel unable to accept this and let go!... :frowning2:

4. rangersgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hey CL1990 I'm in the same boat - i have met girls in the past and just let it go as i can't get my crush out of my head :frowning2: lol, tbh i don't want to know if my crush does or doesn't feel the same way as there is no one else i want! it would kill me if she wasn't gay or even worse was gay but not interested!

i am beginning to get the chance to hang out with her outside work.. its just frustrating the way we have to over analyse every situation and watch body language etc to see if there are any clues they are gay!