1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling down

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by NotKnowing, Dec 27, 2015.

1. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Lately I have been quite down.. I have happy moments. In fact, when there's distrsaction I'm not sad that often.
    But whenever I'm surrounded by strangers I feel so incredibly down and I don't want to talk, I just want to go home and be by myself.
    In the evening I usually go to bed early and stay awake until 12am to 1am and just listen to music and worry and worry and worry and sometimes cry
    I don't feel like I have anyone to talk to..
    I think the thing that bothers me most is the fact that absolutely no one takes me seriously as a male. Yes, not many people know about it. But talking to the two people that do know about it, the ones that are supposed to support me, makes me feel even worse. Yes, they do call me my preferred name about 60% of the time. But I know I'm a girl to them. And I doubt it will change that soon. I hate it. I hate feeling like they think I'm ridiculous.. They don't understand..

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! In some ways, spending lots of time by yourself, going early to bed, can help to reinforce the lonely feelings, and that you don't have anyone to talk to. (*hug*)

Have you ever tried letting your friends know that you would like them to take you more seriously, or not letting you feel so alone? If they are your best friends, and have known you for a while, they should be able to understand from where you are coming from.

Have you tried looking into joining a support group that is either specifically for transgender youth or that has members who are transgender. Joining a support group, if at all possible, could help you to get to know others who can identify with, and relate to you. Is there a support group or perhaps a LGBTQ* social group for youths in your area?