1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I tried killing myself..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by person57, Dec 28, 2015.

1. person57

I really just want to die....last night, I took a couple extra dosages of my hormone replacement meds hoping it would do something to me..as soon as I took the pills, I started freaking out. I posted about it on a transgender support group page on facebook and they were all trying to talk to me and get me to talk to them but for the most part I wouldn't because I feel that I don't deserve help. A couple members said they were thinking about calling the police and having them find me....then I started talking to them about things...I felt a little better after talking to them, but I still feel suicidal, and I feel pretty sick right now, and I only took two extra dosages, it makes me wonder what would happen if I actually just chugged down the bottle...sorry

2. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't do it again, please. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2015 at 04:24 PM ----------

Look for help: in your friends, in yourself, in professionals, in me, etc.

3. person57

wow...don't do it again? Thank you so much for this amazingly useful advice, friend

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just wanna hug you right now so (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)
    ... and yes, don't do it again!

5. animatedPi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please don't do it again, I know I don't know you, but please it's not worth it, think about the people who will miss you and the people you love you.

6. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome. :thumbsup:

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! You do deserve help and support with whatever you are facing at the moment. People have reached out to you because they want to help you so that you can live your life to its fullest.

How come you are having the suicidal thoughts? (*hug*)

8. Plattyrex

Please don't hurt yourself. A while ago I had a thread on the anonymous forum and I was planning on killing myself, but I didn't do it partly because you were there consistently giving me support and advice. You are a wonderful person and you deserve all the help in the world. I don't know what's upsetting you, and if you don't want to say that's fine, but it is not worth your life whatever it is. I hope you start feeling better, and if there's anything I can do to help please let me know.

9. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi. I hope you're okay.

It was good that you reached out. I hope there isn't a next time, but if there is, maybe you should call a helpline? It can help to talk to someone. I've done so before. I got help and things turned out fine.

It's not worth it to kill yourself. Whatever pain you're going through, you'll get through it. Just continue to reach out, and be good to yourself. You'll get there in the end and these days will be behind you.

10. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Taking overdose of hormone replacement drugs is unlikely to kill you but more than likely to make you feel sick. Suicidal thoughts are a symptom of severe psychiatric condition which requires immediate treatment. I know you might not want or feel like seeking help but you don't want to die. You just want to feel better. And the only way to feel better is to seek help. Suicide should always be the very last thing when literally everything else has been tried.

11. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Euler, the feeling that "everything else has been tried" is present in many suicidal people. Besides, is there really any situation in which, objectively, everything has been tried? Suicide should never be an option, and presenting it as such is not helpful.

12. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Perhaps I could have been more clear on the issue that she needs to seek help as like you rightly pointed out feelings of "I have tried everything" are common. For the OP it is clear that she has not tried everything. If that was the case there would not be this thread.

However, I accept euthanasia in certain conditions and I don't apologize that. Having said that based on the info the OP gave us it's clear that her problem is severe depression which is perfectly treatable and suicide would be completely inappropriate solution to that.

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2015 at 09:28 PM ----------

To give OP a concrete advice, try calling a one of these numbers. Based on your profile I assume you are in California:

California Suicide Hotlines - Suicide.org! California Suicide Hotlines, California Suicide Hotlines, California Suicide Hotlines, California Suicide Hotlines!