1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I fluffed up my friendships

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by animatedPi, Dec 29, 2015.

1. animatedPi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :bang:I did the worst thing I could ever think of doing, without even thinking at all...
    A few days back one of my friends said hi, I said hi back of course (on WhatsApp)
    Well, she didn't answer so I left my phone on charge.
    When I returned to my phone again, she sent me a photo of a puppy and said that I'm mean because I'm not answering her.
    Well I did something so stupid...
    My grammar wasn't so good and the final message I sent her might have sounded rude.
    I said
    Awwwwww, sorry, my phone is on charge in another room, my battery was dead for the entire day, etc.
    I actually meant for the awww... to be in a separate message, but that's not all yet. Today I sent a message to her brother, wanting to explain everything if he knows about it.
    I started off by hey
    He started off by bye
    So he knows and thinks I'm a dick and I feel like a dick, blurgh :bang:
    I wish that she just checked her messages again for the explanation, but because of one small grammar error, I fluffed up two perfect friendships, maybe even the trust in their family as well... :bang:
    What should I do, I don't want to talk to them because I'm afraid of fluffing thing further up, but I have to now :bang:

2. Yato Gami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ah that's shite... I know of so many people not being friends anymore because of a misunderstanding. I'm sorry for you that it came to this but sooner or later she'll read your message, I guess. And if not, talk to her (or her brother). Don't be afraid, you didn't do anything wrong. Just explain it to them and you'll be alright. But if you don't talk to them, how will they know? They'll understand, I mean they're your friends right? :slight_smile:

Oh and well, i don't know your friend (the brother i mean) but maybe you understood him wrong as well and maybe he just said bye as a joke or something but you feel like he's being mean because you expect him to be (bc you're afraid he knows and doesn't like you anymore)? maybe he didn't mean to be rude?

It's easy to misunderstand people while texting. You just can't see the emotions of your friends, which is really important actually. Just try to explain that, it's not your fault. :slight_smile:

#2 Yato Gami, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  3. Rubysaphire

I actually agree with Yeto. Just go talk to them I'm sure they will understand. If they were a true friend they would not unfriend you over something as small as a typo. Even so a true friendship wouldn't end over a slightly rude explanation of charging your phone.