1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We broke up...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MerBear, Dec 29, 2015.

1. MerBear

So I finally met this girl who was amazing and we talked for a few weeks and decided to date and then she told me just yesterday... That she's been forcing her feelings and she can't do it. She said she was attracted to me and I made her happy, but couldn't connect with me mentally. And I'm just so hurt and all the memories are flooding back and I really don't know how to cope. I'm still crying for hours on end and I hate this so much. She's on Twitter laughing and having a good time even though she said it affected her too. But she's acting like it hasn't and it just hurts so much. And I don't know what to do....fuck

2. Lyana

Hi MerBear,

I'm sorry. I know how much a break-up can hurt and words aren't enough to fix things. There is one thing I can say. It's been said millions of times, because it's true: Time will help.

She left you because she felt it was better for her not to be in a relationship with you. It's not that the end of the relationship doesn't affect her at all, but she's had hours, days maybe even weeks to think about it. She decided it was the best choice, and then she told you -- and for you, it's come out of the blue. That's why you're hurting right now, and you feel like it's easy for her. You still have feelings and that's normal.

You need time to process, and you'll need time to get over it -- but in time, you'll realize she was right. Because a relationship is made of two people, and if she wasn't feeling the connection, then... it wasn't working. As happy as you two were, as amazing as it felt, she did the right, honest, respectful, and fair thing by ending it when she had doubts.

Allow yourself to cry. It happened yesterday. Crying at first -- even crying lots -- is normal if you were invested in a relationship. Don't let it go on too long, but for today, yes, you can cry. You're mourning the loss of something.
    When the crying period is over, life will catch up to you. You'll have other obligations -- school, maybe, or work, or family. Hobbies, or sport activities. Invest in those, and realize how great a person you are individually. The pain is normal, the pain is awful, but don't let it affect your life.

I'm sorry you're going through this, and if you want to talk more, I'd lend an ear. It helps to have people to talk to.

3. MerBear

its so hard because ive put so much effort into nothing