1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dyeing hair

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Matto_Corvo, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, one of my new years resolution is dye my hair blue or purple. I settled on purple.

I need advice on how to do this.
    I tried dying hair blue last year and it didn't work out all that well. My hair is a dark brown and the bleach I used didn't work to well, and when I did dye my hair the blue turned green.

I have some people say I should dye my hair blond then dye it purple.

My friends thinks I should bleach my hair again but with a high grade.

I'm not really sure what to do to be honest. Never dyed my hair growing up. Was one of those things that my father would never allow, even getting high lights when I was 12 pissed him off.

I'm also worried if dying my hair will affect me finding a job.

2. arbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The colour of your hair is just like having a tattoo on your face- it will definitely affect your chances of securing employment; even with an equal opportunities employer. I can't actually help here because I've never dyed my hair or had highlights but as an individual who carries out interviews once in a while for some large organisations I thought I'd throw in my two pence. Good luck with it! :grin:

Here's a very high pitched and excitable young lady hitting up YouTube :icon_wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_COkXIe6cBM

#2 arbit, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, kind of sucks that hair is held against a person, though I can understand how it could be unprofessional in some enviroments.

Thanks for the video.

4. pd04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Some places of employment allow crazy hair colors. It just depends where you want to work. I'm not saying purple is crazy btw. Anyway, if you dye it blonde beforehand it will hold the color longer. It's normal for blue to fade to a greenish/teal color. It's best to do colors like that in the salon if you're able to