1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone seen this??

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Spot, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure if this thread goes here or not but I am looking for advice, sorry if it's in the wrong subforum. My friend and I want to go see a movie before the summer break ends but we have no idea what we're going to see. There aren't a lot of movies showing at the cinema. The Revenant is coming out on 7th January here, apparently in some cinemas in the US it was shown on 25th December but hasn't come out in any other countries. I was sort of interested but I'm wondering, is it really intense/gory? I don't want to suggest it, we watch it and she thinks I'm some maniac or gets mentally scarred. It sounds sort of violent but I don't know if people are just over exaggerating or not. Is it that bad? The last movie we went to see was Terminator Genisys I guess that was a little violent but it wasn't realistic. We're both fifteen turning sixteen so we can see most movies without parents. Should we find a different movie or will this one be okay? Are the violent scenes brief? Thanks :slight_smile:

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I haven't seen it, but having seen the trailers I'd guess it's violent and probably not briefly. If you're worried about how she handles violence, why don't you talk to her about it? Ask her if there's something she'd rather see, show her a trailer or two if she doesn't know anything about Revenant.

3. Lord Faren

It has plenty of it, mainly with animals. but people too. i don't see it as too violent, but that's just me.