1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do I Do?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DragCloset1, Jan 3, 2016.

1. DragCloset1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Basically I am a closeted 13 yr old teen. I am both GenderQueer and gay and don't know what to do about it. I know my mother would be alright if she knew I was gay but if I told her my gender she would probably call bullshit or something. She always checks my room now and again and once found my tucking gaff and has not stopped questioning me since, I also have to hide my makeup stache and have to watch my mouth around her because if I don't an entirely new interrogation begins. I love my mother but this is stupid and I just want to live my life, she also seems to hate me as my grades are dropping and I don't know what to do.
    Any advice would be appreciated

2. j0hn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well first and foremost address the obvious problem that's annoying her- your grades. Lol one problem at a time. Being genderqueer or gay should not take away from your education. Stay smart. Get those grades and that will be one less issue for her to stress about. Also those grades do help set you up for college and all that so do try and keep up with this investment into your future.

As for your gender issue..you know your mom. You can more or less gauge how she will react by now. I think starting small might help. Come out as gay first. See how she takes it in real life and leave it at that for now. That might even help you feel a little more at ease telling her- of course that depends on how she takes it. Your classifications are a part of who you are and it sounds like your mom might possibly love and care about you. She needs to know these things too. Granted, you should do so safely and carefully- tact and presentation are always important.

Regardless of how she feels about your identity, you're her son. If she does care and love you, regardless of her reaction she deserves to know and you deserve to feel less anxiety about yourself. This is a conversation you will eventually have to have with her. If possible talk to someone you trust who also knows your mom. Any amazing aunts, uncles, or grandparents around? How you approach this will require patience and research.

I hope some of this helped. Cheers and best of luck and love