1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling a little lost: career

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by YeahpIdk, Jan 5, 2016.

1. YeahpIdk

I've been feeling really out of touch with a career I thought I was ready to do anything to get into.

I was working in it, got let go of at a place I was starting to loathe, and haven't worked in it since. I just feel...lost. I want to be in the same arena, I think. It's entertainment media, as to not continue being so obscure. I have creative projects I want to work on, but the past two days I've been so meh. Very far from taking any real action. I've decided that whatever weirdness I'm going through ends tomorrow, but I just feel so weird, and sit here wondering if I just don't want to do anything. Could that be a possibility? I don't know. I have so many ideas, but I'm not having any drive to do it.

I feel like someone's going to bring depression up, but I don't feel depressed - I just feel, confused.

I don't even know if I need advice. I know I just need to start doing stuff and getting back into things. I guess I'm just unsure of what I want to get back into. I don't know.

2. idsm

Bumping this thread. I am interested in what other people have to say.
    I don´t really know what to say. You have a tendency to pose difficult questions.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don´t understand what your job is about. Entertainment media is too vague of a term for me. But I can tell you I have found that strict deadlines work as a great motive. Perhaps you should try getting a part time job in your field? That way you can remain professionally active and in touch with your field and also have some free time for personal projects or further education. I seem to recall that you have talked about going back to school?

I wish I could help but it´s not like I am in a better place myself... :shrug:

3. goldendragon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Another possibility for you is to take Liberal Arts in a college, which will give you a dab of everything. It is a way to try things and see what you like and don't like and then decide what career you would like to make out of it. This is only a possibility and might open your options, keeping in mind it does consume money to pay for college.

4. Mr Sensitive

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    In my opinion, personal drive is largely dependent on individual's determination level. Though might be influenced by external factors such as people, finances, current commitments etc, the final decision on whether to improve/ stay stagnant/ depreciate is still made by you.

5. Bibliovian

I am the queen of saying the following: "Determine what success in life looks like for you, and figure out how to get there." It usually what I say to diffuse the fact that I made the unpopular choice of getting into social work instead of making money. Money is not my idea of success. Mine is impact. Others is family. Yours sounds like it might be like "Create something"? But obviously I'm going off of a snapshot so I'm not sure.

I don't know, but I've certain been in spaces where I can't find the energy to move on. Usually I let myself have the space and figure out what I have to to move on.

Or the space to beat Diablo III...whatever...