1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dealing with dysphoria on a day to day basis

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Michkoobie, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Michkoobie

Hello.
    If this kind of question belongs elsehere, super sorry. But I was just wondering if anyone had any advice and/or stories about coping with dysphoria from day to day. I find that just the simple act of going outside can reduce to me to a mess. And while I hace good days Its getting more and more difficult to cope with the bad ones.
    So if anyone has any thoughts please share, As I would appreciate any and all advice

2. plant

Try looking in the mirror and saying to yourself "I am so manly/womanly." I know that positive affirmations sound like a dumb exercise, but for me, they help me build up my confidence. Even things like wearing an outfit that makes you feel good about yourself or that you think you look nice in can make things so much better. Take it day by day and don't try to push yourself too much.

3. breq

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Find little ways to relieve your dysphoria, however it manifests for you. I don't have extreme dysphoria, but I would prefer a feminine body looking back at me in the mirror. To help, I shave my facial hair every day and legs when they start bothering me. I look in the mirror and tell myself how cute I look today, which always brings a smile to my face. Do something that makes you love yourself. Take it slow, but you've got this!