1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love and depression

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lilyblue89, Jan 7, 2016.

1. lilyblue89

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been with my partner for 2 and a half years now and I have had depression throughout this time. This has caused strains on the relationship but now we are stronger than ever!
    I'm so in love and happy with her (my first female relationship) that I never knew I could feel this way about someone!

However, recently, my sex drive has gone back to its high intensity regime that I had before I took my prescription and I'm finding that I'm so highly in love that I cry a lot! Especially after masturbation (sorry if that makes anyone uncomfortable). It worries me as I don't wanna scare my partner away from having sex with me by crying with her if we were ever intimate it would scare her and upset her.

I just wanna know if anyone else has gone through this or understands at all?
    I have struggled through much worse times than this with my depression and being in love but I was doing well and getting back on my feet so I don't wanna feel like I'm taking a step back.

Lily X :icon_redf

2. NateC7

If your relationship is as strong as you say, then it should be okay to to tell her about this. Talk to her before you start being more intimate so she can be prepared. You've been together for two and a half years and she knows you have depression. She would understand if you cry even after experiencing highs as you say. Or she should if you guys are that close already. I hope this helps a little :slight_smile:

3. lilyblue89

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks yeh she does understand think it just ruins the whole mood for her though and puts her off slightly but I know we love each other to bits and she'd do anything for me.

Thanks xx