1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me please

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RavenTheRat, Jan 7, 2016.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (trigger warning)
    My family is under a lot of stress right now. We need to move to a smaller house, and we're going to try, etc. etc. but that's just
    I don't know what's going on
    My mom (in an attempt to get me to see the reality of our situation) told me that if this move doesn't work out we might end up homeless (even though later she said that won't happen) basically looked me in the eye and said "If this move doesn't work out for a third time, I won't survive. My marriage won't survive. I'll leave."

I don't understand what she meant.... and I'm scared.... I don't.... I don't know if she meant leaving like living on her own or... or.... suicide. And when my mom's upset she says stuff she doesn't mean but... wh-what if she meant it? I'm just terrified out of my mind right now and..... I offered to get rid of my pets to help financially so... I just don't know. I'm scared. I'm just so scared. Help me. I... I had to write on my wrists to keep myself from cutting them and... I-I've never in my life cut, and I don't.. I don't want to but I just... help.

I've never been in a situation like this in my life and I don't know how to handle it

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I'm sorry you're going through so much right now(*hug*)
    It's good you're offering to do what you can to help her out right now financially. It's possible she could have said that because she was really stressed in the moment, but it also could be a serious sign. Then again, she may not have meant suicide.
    I think the best thing for you to do would be to wait until a quiet moment and ask her about it. It's important not to ignore things like that. And if it is suicide don't think by bringing it up to her that you could be making it worse, because if she's thought about it, that won't change that. But talking to others about it can really help. It may be hard to do, but I think it would be best for both of you to talk about this and if she is considering suicide, maybe she could somehow get help for it. I'm sure she knows you're there to support her and that's the best you can do.
    Hang in there and try to stay positive even though it may be hard right now<3
    And again, it may not be as bad as you think. She may not have meant it in that way, but it's just important to ask.

#2 bubbles123, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, first of all take a deep breathe.

I understand why you are worried as I probably would be too but does your mom have a past of being suicidal or depressive ? Would it be possible for you to have a chat with her and to make her understand that what she said worried you and that you want to make sure she is okay ?

She's probably just overwhelmed but it's quite unfair to put that kind of stress and pressure over your shoulder. Hopefully she just was in a bad moment and didn't mean a thing of it and will reassure you about it.

Hugs to you OP !(*hug*)

4. goldendragon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I commend you for reaching out and that's a big step! The support group here can be a help, but if you need one-on-one help, 2-1-1 is also a resource for people who will listen on the phone, if you ever get emotionally stuck. You can also offer that number to your mom, if you'd like, if she actually is suicidal.

I'm hoping this helps. Oh yeah, and big hugs for what you're going through, too! *hugs*

5. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm so sorry, I forgot about this thread completley :frowning2: Okay, so I confronted my mom about it, and she explained what she meant by that was that if my dad refuses to move again, she's going to move back up to New Jersey- all of our family is there and she can make three times as much as a teacher than she does here in North Carolina (they don't pay teachers shit here). It's still an upsetting prospect, but I'm at least grateful she's not thinking of ending her life, and she even told me that it would go against everything she believes to do so.

She also apologized bc she forgot my Aspie brain can't process shit that isn't 100% literal :'D

Thank so so so much to everyone who replied to me <3 I did read all of them when you posted them, even if I forgot to reply.

#5 RavenTheRat, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016