1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hate my body hair...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Grounded Eagle, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Grounded Eagle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everybody,

Almost posted this as anonymous, but then it dawned on me that I'm ultimately anonymous anywhere I post in these forums... But somehow I'm still embarrassed. So, I'm still a virgin and haven't had any romantic relationships yet, but the possibility of that is getting higher and higher. I've come to like how my body looks, except for one thing: from the waist down, I have rather a lot of body hair. I've always been ashamed of it. If it weren't so heavy, I wouldn't mind so much. Anyways, I'm afraid that when I finally end up with another guy in the bedroom, all the hair will be an ugly suprise and a turn-off. On the other hand, if I shaved my legs like I wish I could, that could also be a turn-off. I've considered bringing it up in conversation first, but that could be super awkward. "So, how do you feel about body hair?" :eek: Another problem is that I swim at the gym pretty regularly. If I trimmed or shaved, people (especially guys in the locker room) would notice... and I'm afraid of being ridiculed, because the topic is so deeply embarrassing to me.

What do you think?

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I'm a girl and not quite into guys but I'll still offer my opinion. I don't think it's an issue. I mean, if I like a person, I want to get intimate with them, I wouldn't care about hair. Everyone's got hair. It's natural, and people choose to shave/trim their hair different ways or not trim it. Everyone's preferences are different and while I'm not a super sexually active person, I doubt I'd fuss if someone's hair isn't to my specific preference because that would get in the way of things since so many people are different. I'd be waaaay more interested in what 's next to the hair than what the hair looks like:slight_smile: If you want to have less hair, I say go for it. It's not anyone in the locker room's business. Or if you want, maybe a slight trim like a half-inch or inch or longer depending on what you'd want. But really, I don't think it would bother me and I think you should do what you prefer most.
    You don't want too much less hair to please other guys more, but you want less hair to please guys more, and you don't want less because people in the locker room would notice. That's way too much to be worrying about! It's just hair:slight_smile:
    Don't mean to criticize, I get why you're worried about it, but don't stress about it too much. People don't like you just for the way your hair is down there.

#2 bubbles123, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  3. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not into hairy guys myself.

#3 DRex, Jan 7, 2016
  4. Really

Depending on how serious a swimmer you are, don't some swimmers shave to improve their time? You may not be an elite athlete but I think you could legitimately say you were doing it for your swimming.

5. Martyr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    - Against shaving up:
    1. You mention ROMANTIC Relantionship, I doubt your future mate would care too much about it. I mean, he SHOULD NOT care too much about it.
    2. Many people are into hairy men, others hate body hair, you cant be liked by everyone. :wink:
    - For:
    3. You swim a lot so shaving would help I guess

My opinion:
    Im into hairy guys tbh, but thats just MY opinion. Remember that once you shave there is NO TURNING BACK anymore, so it's up to you.
    But again, if you mention "Romantic" Relationship it wouldnt matter too much. Like he wont tell you "Hey, I cant stand it anymore, I dont like your body hair, you choose: Shave it or break up.", Lol.

Hope these random thoughts help my friend!

#5 Martyr, Jan 7, 2016
  6. Warkupo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If it would personally make you feel better about yourself, I'd say then do it. If you're just doing it to appeal to others, then I would advise against it. Like Martyr said, there are plenty of guys that are into body hair, just as there are guys that are turned off by guys without any.

Personally, I don't mind some body hair. I usually don't care about leg hair. For the upper body, it usually depends on the texture and/or severity. Some people have nice soft or thin body hair, some make me itchy and uncomfortable.

7. Grounded Eagle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks everyone. I've actually shaved my legs before, but it was in the winter and I wore jeans and sweatpants until it grew out again, so no one ever knew. (Martyr, there IS turning back! You'd never know I did it.) I ended up trimming this morning, so it's still longish but much better looking. I think I feel fairly comfortable like this (even though I really like smooth better...).

8. ShaiHulud

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hairy guys are hot, i think guys who shave legs are a turn off

9. FootballFan101

Your body, your choice.

10. Patagonia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was in the exact same situation. I threw caution to the wind and decided to go for it. I loved LOVED the way it looked. Great confidence builder. What's more, I really enjoyed doing it. OK. I admit it. Doing it was a great turn on. Trouble is, it is a full time job. I'd suggest you Google manscaping. Watch the videos. Just remember, you won't be able to do 100% of your body. So maybe a wax at a spa is in your future.

11. LoveAndLight

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Body hair is super attractive, own it!

12. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Speaking from my personal experience here. I'm quite hairy too. As a matter of fact I'm quite a bit hairier than some of my Iranian friends who don't set that bar particularly low.

When my puberty started I was very conscious and sensitive about my body hair for reasons that even I cannot understand. Today I'm happy to be hairy and wouldn't mind being even hairier. In my country it's considered masculine to be hairy so me not having impressive muscles is kind of substitute for that. Having said that I don't really mind if the other person is hairy or not. I guess most people don't really care. And even if they do you will always find someone who likes your hair level no matter what.

13. Xvision

I accept & love my body like its a temple. I don't really what someone else thinks about my body. Our hair were made for a reason, to protect your body. So I'm not really ashamed of it. I have hair down there but I don't mind. It's all mother nature :grin: :thumbsup:

14. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Most gay guys,especially bottoms, seek masculinity in a man. I have a lot of body hair and in my late teens I did shave it (since I didn't find it attractive) but I was so uncomfortable with the new me that I never did it again. I only shave my beard when it starts getting out of control - the rest I don't touch.

A counselor I went to, who worked with gay people told me that, especially feminine guys tended to be more interested in ''manly guys''. It also depends what culture you fall into. Body hair looks good a large man. On smaller, spindly guys (the guys I prefer) too much hair could be a turnoff.

Yes sometimes, too much hair, is too much for some guys, but frankly it worked out for me as a younger bear, and specifically gay guys have told me that they were attracted to body hair as it was ''wild'' and ''primal''.

Although you could always be easy-going and tell the other guy that he can use it to floss his teeth. It shouldn't be an embarrassing topic, I make jokes about my hair all the time, even to the point where I tell a potential date that they'd need a roadmap to get out of my rainforest (a.k.a pubic hair).

#14 Typhoon, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016