1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purpose of life?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Mr Sensitive, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Mr Sensitive

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Ever wonder what is purpose of life? To procreate? To attain happiness? It's pretty frustrating when one's sexual orientation is in conflict with life's purpose:bang:.

#1 Mr Sensitive, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. IDont Say Aboot

Well that's a pretty big question but plenty of people live meaningful lives without procreating... I think that it is to help other people, but I'm a noob at philosophy.

3. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile: hopefully EC will be as good to you as it was to me! :slight_smile:

4. Ravi-VIXX777

In some ways, I think the journey of finding the purpose more meaningful than the purpose itself. If you find the purpose, it just limits your perspective. I think life is what you make it at the end of the day.

5. AKTodd

I would say that there is no purpose or point to existence. The universe is a mostly empty void rarely interrupted by insignificant clots of mostly dead matter. The whole thing is mindlessly driven forward by a set of physical constants and processes that have no meaning nor point nor value.

So that leaves me free to determine and work toward whatever purpose I choose. (!)

The same would apply for everyone else.:thumbsup:

Todd