1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So many things going on in my head...I can't think of a general title!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by username41489, Jan 8, 2016.

1. username41489

Hello all!

It's been awhile since I've posted here. I came out to the rest of my family and close friends about 7 months ago and it's been really nice and liberating! So now I'm in the last semester of grad school and I recently (for about a month now) have been crushing on a close friend from school. Here's the weird part: I haven't seen her since October and she's been really distant with me and our usual friend circle. She barely talked to me the entire semester, but before that, we were very close! She knew about my sexuality before I came out to my parents in June and she knew about the girl I liked in the past. Also, another interesting tid bit: she once told me she had feelings for a woman at one point, but she hadn't told anyone else about it. I texted her before the holidays to see if she had been alright, and she said it was a tough semester and she needed to focus on herself for a bit, which I understood so I didn't ask anything else, I just said "I'm here if you need anything!" etc. I really miss her! Last Valentine's day (unplanned) we went shopping - because there is nothing else to do during a New England winter, and then she offered to cook dinner...she's so sweet and fun, ugh I don't know why this is happening out of the blue! I feel like if I told her, she'd be confused since I haven't even seen her for several months, but then again, I'm dying to make any excuse to talk to her. What should I do? Thank you, by the way, for reading this long essay. :slight_smile:

2. NateC7

Well a good place to start would be to consistently stay in touch with her. That way it won't be awkward anymore for you to want to hang out with her.

3. username41489

Thank you! Ok so one thing is, my brain turns into mush when I like someone, I can't come up with anything to say and I'm also worried I'll come off annoying...I don't really want to talk to my friends here about it since we're all in the same friends circle. I guess I could reach out to my friends from my home state. This is becoming another stressful nightmare :frowning2:

4. NateC7

I worry I come off as annoying almost all the time. Just talk about what's going on in your lives, interests, whatever. I'm sure if you made an effort she would be willing to open up to you and be a closer friend.