1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long distance friends/dates

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lastking, Jan 9, 2016.

1. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When it comes to dates, friends, and relationships, is distance is big judgment call for you guys? Since I live in a bigger city, I personally wouldn't mind traveling 10-15 miles to meet someone.

However, it seems to me that most people I talk to won't want to travel more than 7 miles. The LGBT community is already very small as it is, so this just makes it even more difficult...

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I had my drivers license, I'd say I'd drive maybe an hour away to see a friend?

But sadly, driving 7 hours to get across the province isn't really that practical, and its expensive too. I wish it was easier though :\

3. art3mis

I think 10-15 miles is a rather small distance. I grew up in the countryside but went to school in a bigger city. Pretty much all my friends lived at least 15-20 miles away. My ex gf lived aproximately 100 miles away and we still managed to see each other about 2 times a week.
    If someone is really important to me, I don't mind traveling a few hours by train at all. If If I even love someone, I would never mind spending time and money so that we can see each other.

4. Kinky

Kinky Guest

10-15 miles is too small!! My guy is literally 1000 miles away :frowning2:

5. Night Rain

My ex is literally half way across the world. It worked out pretty well between us. So, it's not a very big deal to me but of course if you want to pursue a LDR you need to have the will and the means to travel such a distance. :slight_smile:

#5 Night Rain, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  6. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wish people could be more like that. I think people tend to be more pickier in larger cities. I would travel 30 miles to meet someone, but only if they would the same for me. Guys I talk to would tell me that 7 miles is "too far".

#6 lastking, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  7. pd04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Distance is nothing. I have friends 10 hours away I'll drive to see, an hour away that I go see just for the day, etc. It depends on how important the person is to you tbh.

8. Riz

Riz

My bf and I have a ocean between us (Canada - Sweden), and it's fine so far, though frustrating. And all my previous relationships have been three hour train ride distance which resulted in us getting to see each other maybe two times a month.

If you like someone enough, that goes for friends too, it doesn't matter. The time you actually do spend together do.