1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Effeminate

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by zuice, Jan 9, 2016.

1. zuice

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I ask myself. Why I am I effeminate? I have a low voice and wish I could speak more manly.I am attracted to a deep manly voice. Since I am effeminate, I ask myself what is the cause? I was wondering, has anyone thought of this.

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2016 at 03:33 PM ----------

Would hormones or speech therapy enable me to deepen my voice? I have a low tone of voice.

#1 zuice, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  2. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    First off why do you want to change your voice? If you really want to change your voice, really voice therapy is your best option. Unfortunately hormones can't change voice.

3. Duane

Duane Guest

I watched a movie a few weeks back on Netflix about this actually. It's called, "Do I sound Gay". The guy on there went to speech therapy.

4. cakepiecookie

Speech therapy could help, but (and I mean this nicely) I think you'd be better off talking to a therapist about why it bothers you. There's nothing wrong with being effeminate. Own it.

5. zuice

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for your replies. I will view the movie. I often have to leave messages on the phone and when I hear my voice, I re-record the message several times, yet still the tone of my voice is low. I was wondering maybe there is a synapse break with what I hear and my brain, like something is out of sync. Jeremy Irons has the voice which I admire. I might just go to a speech therapist. Has this worked for anyone and do hormones work? the I read that trans people use hormones and the voice is changed. I may get my testosterone levels checked.

#5 zuice, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  6. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't change your voice, effeminate voices are hot. It's actually of benefit because you are essentially broadcasting with your voice that your gay meaning all the gay guys around you know who to go for.

Also aren't effeminate voices suppose to be high.

#6 gibson234, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  7. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing wrong with being effeminate. I actually love effeminate guys, many that I know are so funny and sassy (and cute). Like the above poster said, it's a great way to let people know that you're gay so you'll get my attention.

I'm not very effeminate and so everyone thinks I'm straight. It's a struggle, but oh well, it is what it is.

8. zuice

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's great when one reads the replies to one's posts, one becomes engaged with so many different ideas.

For example, has anyone ever done this. Record a famous poem or excerpt from a book and fallen asleep by your own voice. I have done this.

What I find interesting, is that there are those , who when they hear my "gay" voice, almost immediately tune me out. It is not a high pitch voice. Whereas a gay man with a 'straight" voice would not be ceased out of a conversation.

Perhaps, there is a dating web voice site, with the focus of the voice. Well, for now, I will listen to an ASMR voice to relax me.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I would like to know if there are "effeminate" voices who work on their voices to change them.