1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Bisexuality

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by snarkybi, Jan 10, 2016.

1. snarkybi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think I might be bisexual (well, at this point, I'm almost 100% sure) and I don't know what to do.

This all feels like a nightmare.

I'm in Highschool, and have always considered myself straight. Until recently. Now, boys and GIRLS catch my eye. I find both attractive.

I'm not religious- I don't think that any of this is wrong, or anything like that- but I don't know how to handle this whole bisexual thing.

All of my life, people have told me that bisexuals are cheaters and liars. Am I a cheater or liar? Am I dirty?

I can't come out. My mom is always saying things like "thank god you're not gay" and "I could tell if you were gay" and I don't want to disappoint her. I don't have a dad, she's the only family I have.

Advice?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey snarkybi,

Take a look here: The Bisexual Index | What is Bisexuality?

I'll edit this post just a minute with some comments :slight_smile:

Absolutely not.

Some people tend to think (in their prejudice) that being bisexual means you NEED to be with both men and women (of course, polyamory isn't wrong if everyone involved is ok with it, but that's another history).

It is totally possible to be bisexual and happy on a relationship. Think like this: Being bisexual just opens more possibilities for you: You can be happy with a man or a woman.

Coming out is scary, most of the time. Unfortunately, there is still much prejudice in the planet right now (things are getting better slowly :slight_smile: ). Just remember that you aren't doing anything wrong. It is totally ok to be LGBT and love whoever you love.

But, one step at the time. This is about you and yourself, so there is no need to rush things, especially if you are still a bit confused. Take a deep breath, take your time, and relax :slight_smile:

Last, but not least, welcome to Empty Closets! I hope you enjoy our community!

Hugs (*hug*)

3. snarkybi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for this, it's someone reassuring.

I read the link you sent and it was helpful.

Thank you :]

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are welcome :grin: