1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 year old virgin/bi(advice!)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ECMember, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wasn't sure where to put this post at.

I'm 24 years old and a virgin. I consider myself bi curious or bi to some degree. Anyway, I haven't had sex with a guy or girl but I just never found the right girl. I've put the search for looking for the right girl on hold for a while.

I feel the need to maybe try my luck in finding the right guy. I've mentioned about having preferences for guys that meet a "specific" match I prefer: White, blonde, 18-20 or 21, preppy looking, youngish looking, masculine looking. Maybe I like masculine looking twinks, I don't know.

I'm unsure how to approach either hook ups or dating of guys as a bi curious/bi guy. I'm not asking for hook ups here. I'm stating before people assume otherwise.

I mean, I don't want use Craigslist because it's not a safe platform for that. I don't know any good/safe sites for that.

I mean, I'm sexually inexperienced and I feel like a wreck at times when I haven't had sex with anyone(guy or girl). If I just had GOOD sex with someone I like a guy or girl, maybe I'll be happy. If I found the guy that fit all my preferences of a guy I like and we had sex, maybe I'll be happy.

I would want to be with someone that loves me for who I am. I just want someone younger than me, so I be some support with them. To love and care for them as the older person in a relationship. To support them.

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, I remember you!

Wait that sounds like I'm been stalking you. No, I think I just read a previous post of yours or something.

Anyways... In my opinion, dating websites in general can be a bit sketch. Not to say that you can't find what you're looking for there, but in truth an ideal partner is probably someone you want to meet in real life. I don't know any good dating websites that will give you a guaranteed ideal partner. They don't always work like that, or so I'm told. But there are probably other ways to meet gay men that you might find to your interest. (alliances, gay bars, etc.)

Best of luck.

3. Mikelhpc228

HI scorpiontx91,
    I think you are wise to be careful of craiglist, as an inexperienced virgin you might be exploited by a predator, or other creeps. I can say from experinece, even Great SEX, does not bring true happiness. As you state at the end of your post; you want to find someone who will love, respect and support you .

4. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @Mikelphc228.

I don't see Craigslist as the end all be all in finding a relationship.

I do want a relationship. I only desire someone younger than me, so I could support and care for them.

Would a relationship work, if I was with a guy that was 18-19 and I'm 24. I mean, I would want to love him, if he loved me.

5. AKTodd

Ahem - Just because someone is younger than you doesn't automatically mean that you would 'support and care for them'. They are going to be a human being with their own hopes, dreams, and ambitions and they may not want to be supported and cared for. Rather they may want to be your equal partner in things and be treated as such.

They may have knowledge and skills that you don't (including being more sexually experienced than you). They may be 'your type' but significantly bigger and stronger than you, or at least your equal in those areas. They may make more money than you. They may be in the military or practice martial arts and be tougher in a fight than you. They may come from a background in which they grew up being very self-sufficient and independent. Etc.

Beyond that there are two other issues:

1) Knowing someones age is not always a given. I realize that many folks here are used to being able to go online and profile all kinds of information about people including their age - but in the real world that doesn't always work. What happens if you meet someone out in the world and really like them (and they really like you) and they turn out to be the same age as you or a year or two older even?

2) The heart wants what the heart wants - meaning that you may find yourself really liking someone who doesn't perfectly fit the profile you've listed out in your various posts - and you may find yourself liking them anyway.

The points I'm trying to make here are that having preferences or a 'type' is fine - but don't let it so dominate your thinking that you perhaps miss out on what might be a really good thing just because the other person doesn't check each and every box on your list. And (perhaps more importantly), you are dealing with another human being here - which means that they will have their own wants, needs, abilities, and personality - and you may have to decide if you can compromise in some areas because you really like what they bring to your life in others.

Todd

6. Ravi-VIXX777

I could not agree more with AKTodd on his second point. You have a very narrow preference which may also be a problem. You will be limiting yourself and even if a guy does meet those conditions, some may be turned off that you like them for their features and not who they are. You may be in love with the idea of a white, masculine, fit guy, but not the actual person. Either way, goodluck on your searching.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The 4 or 5 years of age difference between 18-19 and 24 is right on the cusp of where it could be functional or not. The typical 18 year old isn't very worldly, hasn't had to support himself, and so forth, so if you have a lot of experience in those areas, that's a potential area for imbalance.

It all depends on the nature of how the relationship plays out. If you're seeking out someone younger because you want someone to take care of, that's not so healthy. On the other hand, it's possible this person might be more sexually experienced than you are, and so that experience could balance out the lack of experience he may have in other areas and make for a more balanced (and therefore healthier) relationship.

I wouldn't rule it out, but I'd also consider, as the previous poster suggested, that opening up your "preferences" a bit could be helpful.

8. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Now this is strange. Perhaps you could open up this a little bit. Why do you feel this way? Do you want a friend who you can support, a partner who you can support or what?

9. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @Euler.

I mean I've been getting some new feelings and such.

I've mentioned about a bit about Travis and everything. We are friends but I haven't seen him in a while like I've said. My feelings I had from him had transferred out.

In your direct quote I said, I was referring that, I desire a relationship with someone who is younger than me(guy or girl).

I mean I would like to be a main breadwinner you know. As the older person, I would support them and provide for them. I mean, I get that from my parents. My dad is 63 and my mom is 60. I mean, my dad was the main breadwinner. I'm not sure if that's a good example, if it's not I apologize.

I know I made bullshit posts here about being with early 20 upper class White guys. Those are fantasies.

You asked if I want a friend or partner that I would like to support. I feel like it's hard to put a label on a person(guy or girl) as "friend" or "partner."

10. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So by support you mean financial support? Ie you mean you want to be the (traditional) "man" in the relationship?